The 80s Appreciation Thread!
Jun 14, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #16 of 24
I have to admit to listening to a lot of XTC and a little A-Ha recently.. and I'm really liking some of the 80's stuff from Chris Rea too..

But no matter what.. Abbey Road keeps dragging me back.. I cannot believe just how much this album bears repeated listening..

I'm sure my co-workers want to kill me and my Karma by now!

Jun 15, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by zoboomofo
I felt a need to confront my fear of the synthesizer this last weekend, and I picked up the Organisation CD.

On a different note, it's been Motley Crue and Meat Puppets for me.

heh.. hope you like it. Organisation is one of OMD's best albums, and it's quite moody and experimental but at the same time melodic.

Jun 16, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #18 of 24
When I first listened to it the other day, I thought "Yep, this is miserable and crude." Then I thought how nice the atmospherics were with this remaster - the cassette tapes were lifeless back in the day - making the experience even more gloomy. Now I feel that this is a very appropriate cd to indulge my 80s needs with. Songs like The Misunderstanding, and Promise are just brimming with melody and spirit (regrettably I made myself sick of Enola Gay since '88). It even makes more sense when you see comments that OMDs tour with Joy Division affected the theme on this release. It's awkward but appropriately so I guess. The next step is onto Architecture & Morality (Mortality if you're a Pitchforker). I want The New Stone Age and the B-sides.

Jun 16, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #19 of 24
Depeche Mode Depeche Mode Depeche Mode Depeche Mode.

Jun 16, 2005 at 6:03 AM Post #20 of 24
all i can say about the 80's is.. Watchtower.

~

edit: and DM, i guess
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
If you have an interest in 80's music, you might like this site run by a friend of mine. It's called IRS Corner, and is about the recording artist featured on this label.

Here's the link:

< www.irscorner.com >

- augustwest

Actually, I was just thinking of the Bangles. Their All Over The Place album is solid, and very groovy. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Feb 14, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
If you have an interest in 80's music, you might like this site run by a friend of mine. It's called IRS Corner, and is about the recording artist featured on this label.

Here's the link:

< www.irscorner.com >

- augustwest

Actually, I was just thinking of the Bangles. Their All Over The Place album is solid, and very groovy. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

+1 on the "All Over the Place" album by the Bangles. Listening to it right now on the Utopia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back