The 50 Greatest Gadgets of the Past 50 Years
Jan 20, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 22
Very cool article. I must admit I expected the N64 to be on there rather than the PS2, though, as it was the world's first step into 3D gaming besides the total bomb they called the Sega Saturn, and it made quite a bang doing so.

Jan 21, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 22
Speak & spell is on there!! I loved that thing.
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #7 of 22
Wow, how the hell did that Jakks Pacific Atari emulator thing get on the list?
confused.gif

^^^ Those army can openers are freaking awesome! There are so many uses for them. But somehow I doubt they were introduced within the last 50 years
tongue.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

But somehow I doubt they were introduced within the last 50 years

Well mine was and according to my copy of "The History Of Rick" nothing that went before had any real meaning on the grand scale hence not to be taken seriously
icon10.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #11 of 22
disagree about sony play station 2 as 11th. how can it be the greatest gadget, wasnt even so many good game on it as psx. psx maybe.

that robot vac cleaner, #31 is pretty cool.

Jan 21, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #12 of 22
my top 10
________
the wheel
leonardo's reflecting telescope
the handgun
the flashlight (torch)
the camera (all kinds)
personal computers
nintendo gameboy
sony walkman
cell phones
headphones

Jan 21, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #14 of 22
I have so many problems with that list I don't even really want to get into it, but just to illustrate my point what the hell is the Moto Razr doing there, and why is it ranked higher than so many other more significant gadgets? It's a gimmicky fashion-phone and it a few years it won't be on ANYONE'S list. And the Betamax/VCR being so low? That gadget sparked a debate that went to the Supreme Court and set precedents governing copyright to this day, completely changed the business model for Hollywood, essentially started the modern **** industry, altered viewing habits across the world, allowed home recording...need I go on?

--Illah

Jan 21, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah
I have so many problems with that list I don't even really want to get into it, but just to illustrate my point what the hell is the Moto Razr doing there, and why is it ranked higher than so many other more significant gadgets? It's a gimmicky fashion-phone and it a few years it won't be on ANYONE'S list. And the Betamax/VCR being so low? That gadget sparked a debate that went to the Supreme Court and set precedents governing copyright to this day, completely changed the business model for Hollywood, essentially started the modern **** industry, altered viewing habits across the world, allowed home recording...need I go on?

--Illah

I agree, the list has a decidedly contemporary bias going for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back