The 5 Most Embarrassing Ways to Die in an FPS
Jun 23, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #5 of 20
Thinking an enemy is AFK so you run up to him with your knife out .. last second he pops you in the head.
frown.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #6 of 20
Hehe, I love the cratering one. There's nothing like seeing your opponent leave a small crater.
biggrin.gif

And the telefrag, too. I remember how I once got this sniper REALLY good with the translocator. I found his position, came up behind him, fired, and teleported right into him! I laughed so hard. I wish I had recorded a demo of that round.

Jun 23, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about leaving cover to "hump" your latest kill, then getting shot in the head?

happens to me all the time.

I usually am the one who kills...

I am not embarrassed just find these humorous when i do them myself...

Getting the perfect rocket shot lined up then the bullet just clips a wall and blows you up

Pulling the pin on the grenade for too long...

Jun 23, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #9 of 20
I would put "other nading" higher on the list, especially higher than cratering. People fall all the time for being stupid, no big deal. But getting killed by taking a nade to the face makes you laughing stock of the round since it almost never happens.

Knifing also happens a lot more than anything else and has become pretty routine in my CS:S servers (people are starting to get damn good at it) so it results in a couple "lol's" but that's pretty much it.

I personally think the most embarassing death is when you're clearly behind cover but the tip of your gun is sticking out and you get AWPed through the wall. No one ever really notices but the shooter always feels great and it's so frustrating.

Jun 23, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by _M2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Flashbang kill..

MAN was that embarrassing for me... (CSS)

Haha, I still have a pic I took with FRAPS a long time ago in cs_compound where a guy got pwned by one; biiig icon to add insult to injury.
icon10.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #12 of 20
When I played Quake3 I used to go to a crowded map and only use the gauntlet.
Maybe someone here got drilled by me. My nickname is 'Dentist at work', I use the white Bones character.

I found a screenshot.

Quake3-gauntlet.jpg

Jun 24, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When your opponent follows you around for a good amount of of time..Then whisles into his mic..I turn around. He blows me away..

Coudl go the otehr way around.

You follow your opponent for a minute, he turns, you shoot, but he kills you.

Jun 24, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #15 of 20
This happens to me in DoD:S all the time, when I mow down two or three guys, and a fourth guy comes up and I'm out of ammo. This guy proceeds to spray at me, while I'm trying to reload, which at this time I decide that I would have a better chance of survival by running at him and punching him to death. It's now a skill that I have mastered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back