faustian bargain

Head-Fier
missed it. darn.

frown.gif

/andrew

Feb 27, 2003 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 15
bummer... sorry to hear that
frown.gif

To add salt to the wounds.. the high bidder, vwap... i'm pretty certain that that'll be the same vwap that posts here!
eek.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi though... Hope you find some other bargains on Ebay and the like
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by faustian bargain
i won't ask.

so you're saying, i wouldn't have had a chance on that one anyway, huh?
rolleyes.gif

Don't worry about it, the guy owes me... erm, three Orpheii, five MDR-R10s, and about $25,000 for being a disruption to head-fi
very_evil_smiley.gif

Lets call it... erm, a subtle bribe for my silence, and for me keeping away from the ban button
wink.gif

Seriously though faustian bargain... you've gotta watch out for those PCDPs... Head-Fi members seem to snap them up like there is no tomorrow
frown.gif

Better luck next time
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2003 at 11:19 PM Post #7 of 15
Yup, that was behind the auction, it actually went for $50 though. That one is new-in-box. Mine turned out to be used
mad.gif

Feb 28, 2003 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 15
Hehe.. yeah.. I did some behind-the-scenes dealing with the guy.. so it went for $50.. but.. umm.. we'll see if it's really new and factory sealed in a week.
smily_headphones1.gif

And Duncan... they should all be on their way.. might .. uhh .. take a while to get to Bedfordshire, though... I didn't have any money left, so I had them sent surface mail, uninsured, through some local courier service...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2003 at 1:47 AM Post #9 of 15
isn't that a decent price, even if it's a used model? seems like i've seen them going for upwards of $100 or so...or am i mistaken? what do the 'legendary' models typically go for, and what is considered a good deal?

Feb 28, 2003 at 1:51 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by faustian bargain
isn't that a decent price, even if it's a used model? seems like i've seen them going for upwards of $100 or so...or am i mistaken? what do the 'legendary' models typically go for, and what is considered a good deal?

I wasn't too sure myself what a "good" deal for one of those is.. I had .. "D25S is only 40 bucks... D25S is only 40 bucks..." repeating over and over in my head..

But depending on the model.. A D-777 and D-E905 went on eBay recently [to the same guy] for a combined ~$600, $400 for the D-777 and $206 for the D-E905. I guess it's all luck of the draw, and/or if someone else is looking for it.

Feb 28, 2003 at 1:56 AM Post #11 of 15
The D-311 is said to rank up there (in terms of sound quality) with the D-303, D-515 and D-555 which go for probably $150 on the average. So I think $50 is pretty damn good for an NIB D-311. I got just the player for $60, and still consider it a deal.

Mar 8, 2003 at 6:49 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
Hehe.. yeah.. I did some behind-the-scenes dealing with the guy.. so it went for $50.. but.. umm.. we'll see if it's really new and factory sealed in a week.
smily_headphones1.gif

While my D-777's currently out of commission ... my D-311 was actually new-in-box. There's no factory sealing on it... no stickers or anything.. but nothing looks like it's been taken out of the box before.. [Yes. I pulled the styrofoam tray out of the box to check.
biggrin.gif
] Now to decide what I'm going to do with it..
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2003 at 6:57 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Send the parts to meeeeeeee!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Heh.. speaking of parts.. maybe I should check to make sure everything's in there.... battery pack, etc.. maybe I will...

Mar 8, 2003 at 7:37 PM Post #15 of 15
Glad to hear that one is actually new! The D-311 is a pretty cool player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back