That's my 1964-Q
Aug 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

etjeremy

New Head-Fier
Hi all. Me again.

Last time, I have got a trouble with my custom monitors.

It never rains but it pours, the drivers inside become loose. I have no idea why it could happened because it didn't got any physical damage. So I contacted 1964 EARS, and asked for repair.
And I have waited for over 3 weeks(totally around 5 months for making,refitting,and this repairing) , here comes my Custom monitor.

How could the building quality like mine?

Aug 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 5
Your question does not make sense.

Are you asking:

"Why were my old ones poor and my new ones great?"

or

"Why were the drivers in my first pair loose?"

Did they freeze at any time?  Did you leave them in your car during the winter at any time?  Did you snag the wires an something?

Did you receive your new pair of customs or at least receive the ones that needed repairing?  It is unclear by your post whether or not you have received the repaired ones back.

On the third picture what are we supposed to be looking for?

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Your question does not make sense.

Are you asking:

"Why were my old ones poor and my new ones great?"

or

"Why were the drivers in my first pair loose?"

Did they freeze at any time?  Did you leave them in your car during the winter at any time?  Did you snag the wires an something?

Did you receive your new pair of customs or at least receive the ones that needed repairing?  It is unclear by your post whether or not you have received the repaired ones back.

On the third picture what are we supposed to be looking for?

Okay, 

I am just asking why the new one would have a rough surface, also the edge between shell and faceplate is irregular and blur

sorry for my bad English again.

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 5
I don't quite see it either. Are you saying the orange one has a faceplate that is not flat? And does it stick out more than the other side when they are in your ears? 

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #5 of 5
It is probably not a matter of QC versus simple molding.  As long as both pairs seal well and feel comfortable the rest is aesthetics which is important, but not the most important aspect of a high end IEM.

Do the fit, seal, and feel ok?

Thank you for your clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back