That's just typical...
Oct 10, 2005 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

probedb

Head-Fier
I got some custom ear molds done on Saturday for my UM-2s. The guy has taken the molds and actually makes the tips as well though not sure what they're going to look like, went for black and purple.

Anyways, having something pushed into my ear that far reminded me I needed ear syringe but typically it's actually now completely blocked my right ear. Can only get the syringed in 2 weeks as I have to use olive oil and soften them before they'll syringe.

Grumble....and I'm getting my molds back in 2 days and won't be able to test
frown.gif

Sigh....

Oct 10, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #4 of 7
Didn't they check for wax before doing the impressions?? I was told that they wouldn't do it if my ears were too waxy, would need to get them cleaned out, and depending on how irritated the ears were, wait a little while and try again.

I got my ears cleaned by my own doctor a couple of days before. The audiologist checked my ears, said there was a little tiny bit of irritation there from the Remo-wax, but it was no big deal, and he went ahead.

He wouldn't have gone ahead if I'd had big chunks of wax in there. Sheesh, you may want to find a better audiologist.

Oct 10, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #5 of 7
Just get a drug store ear cleaning kit... they work fine. Just might take a few days of applications. I've had ear blockage issues on and off over many years now and have always been able to clear it up.

Oct 11, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 7
I use a little bamboo stick spoon thing to clean my ears, it's quite common is Japan and Korea.

I also use the syringe with the dropper thing once a while to clean a bit deeper.

Oct 11, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #7 of 7
OMG Guvnor, I was telling people in a chatroom about earspoons (I'm Filipino, so I guess its common with us too) and they all didn't believe that such a thing existed. Your post will now serve as proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back