thanksgiving/Xmas...just around the corner
Oct 15, 2005 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

brian183

100+ Head-Fier
Well it's getting to be about that time of the year folks and I'm already thinking about what gifts to get for my family. First, I'm getting everyone in my family koss KSC-75's
icon10.gif
. I think the bro, sis, and I are going to get my mom a creative zen micro (she's been really wanting a little MP3 player lately) and I'd like to get the whole family to pitch in for DVD recorder/player for my step dad. He's been playing around alot with DVD recording/copying lately on his computer which is nice but I think he'd like a stand alone unit. I really want to focus on my step dad this year for christmas cause every year for the past several years he's never really received gifts that he ends up using alot or has fun with. It's not that we don't care it's just that no one really knows what to get him every christmas and he also doesn't really say anything bout what he wants.

Anyways, I've figured out everyone else this year but I do need help with my step dad this year. Can anyone suggest a good DVD recorder/player? Maybe a good 5.1 digital receiver (his current "S-Video" Onkyo 5.1 is getting a little jittery and probably needs to be replaced)? I'll take other suggestions too, he likes to record TV shows (he doesn't like TIVO), collects things (anything really), he used to be a bit of an audiophile but now he doesn't really care bout that kind of stuff anymore.

What are you gifting this Xmas?

thanx

Oct 15, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Is gifting a verb?

Ehhh... I'm not a big fan of thanksgiving or Christmas. To me, I'd rather get/give gifts as surprises year-round "just because" rather than what mass media brainwashes people into...

BUT.

Answering your question, I have no idea really.

=\

IT'S TOO EARLY FOR THAT THINKING.

Oct 15, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 5
Usually I would say it's WAY too early to start thinking bout it but my family likes to procrastinate. I figure if I start thinking about it now I'll be ahead of the game and get my family to start thinking early as well.

EDIT: gifting is totally a verb
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back