Thanks UE, you guys are awesome!
Jul 27, 2006 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jasper994

Organizer for Can Jam '09
Well, it's been nearly a year since I got my UE-10s, and as some of you know I've never been completely happy with the fit (my own fault to a degree, they would have continued to work with me when I got them, but I decided to try to get used to the ones I had). About two weeks ago I sent Mike Dias an e-mail asking if they would still refit them for me. The next morning (I sent the e-mail late at night) Mike replied explaining that they would most certainly help me out and that I just needed to drop in to see Noy (the audiologist) as soon as he was back from vacation. So on Monday this week I gave them a call and setup a meeting for this afternoon. When I got there Mike Dias came up to greet me and introduce me to some of the staff I had not met before. While we were waiting for Noy to come up Mike continued to show me around and one of the guys had me listen to a prototype model that was very impressive (sorry I can't really say more). After a few minutes Noy came in to discuss the fit issues I've been having. Mike stayed during this period and gave his input as well. After Noy had some ideas, Mike Dias went and grabbed Mike Flynn who is in charge of refitting. Mike Flynn and Noy spent a good 15 minutes discussing what my issues could be caused by and how to go about fixing it. In the end they decided that it would be best to build me a new set of 10s. Since they were going to be doing them over I got to choose a color again. This time I decided to get blood red with some black in it. Noy even built a shell for me to make sure the color was to my liking. Then came the question of when they'd be done. Normally UE does a 10 day turn around on their custom units, but they decided that they'd have my new 10s done by Tuesday. Before I left, Mike Dias even hooked me up with a 2.0 cable for my Super.Fis and some lubricant and cleaning fluid for my UE-10s and Noy promised he'd build my new 10s himself from start to finish. As I walked out I had a big smile on my face. UE really went all out for me today and I left feeling like royalty. Thanks so much guys!
biggrin.gif

Note: I've always been treated very well during my visits to UE, but today they really threw down the red carpet for me. It's really great to see companies do this for their customers. So few still do....

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 8
That is good news to hear (pun intended). I knew that when I decided to go with Ultimate Ears, I picked the right company. I research audio companies like my equities or stocks because I want to buy a great company that will take care of me and that I can hold onto for a long period of time.

I have had no fit problems with my Ue-10 PRO and it is well over 2.5 years. I even lost 45 pounds with no fit problems. If something were to happen to mine, then I know all I have to do is call them and they will take care of me.

The same thing can be true for other Ue customers.

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13
Did you have to pay for a new set? or did you return your old UE-10s for the new one?

I still have my old set, but they may have me return it when I pick up the new one. No, I did not have to pay to have them redone.

Jul 27, 2006 at 9:40 AM Post #5 of 8
After a year? Wow, that is impressive. I got a similar treatment from Sensa over the computer, finding the audiologist for me halfway around the world and all, but I think nothing beats going to the place for a visit if you can.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #6 of 8
WOW. Sounds like another one of us headfiers got the royal treatment at UE. That's good to hear. UE is such a great company when it comes to customer service. Everytime I have been there they have been so nice - so nice in fact, I hate to bug them for things.

Congrats on the royal treatment.
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 8
Great service!
You are lucky to live nearby, so you can do it in-house.

I have been looking into getting a pair of UE-10 Pro's as well.
I contacted UE for help finding a recommended Audiologist in my area. They could not help me, so I am kind of stuck! Guess Norway is not a market for them!
frown.gif

Jul 28, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis
Great service!
You are lucky to live nearby, so you can do it in-house.

I have been looking into getting a pair of UE-10 Pro's as well.
I contacted UE for help finding a recommended Audiologist in my area. They could not help me, so I am kind of stuck! Guess Norway is not a market for them!
frown.gif

I would think that it would be a question of whether or not a local audiologist can make proper molds so UE can build your earpieces correctly. Perhaps you should contact them again and ask if they could send out a sample mold with directions for someone in your area. The problem might be that if they have to refit it too many times it may not be worth it for you or them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back