Thanks to Todd and the TTVJ crew
May 5, 2008 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Dominat0r

Formerly known as HighLife
Wanted to give a shot out to Todd and his crew for hauling their gear out for Canjam. Also Todd, thank you for the hat-shirt-headphone stand. You are a awesome guy and look forward to ordering with you.

I hope you all make it down for another meet soon...so i can trade my raffle prize for a Millet amp =) Have one ready for me Todd, pls, kk, thx.

May 8, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 10
Indeed, I really enjoyed the Meridian 808 last year, but the 808.2 through the 307A was really a star! Nice to see you again Todd and Pete. Keep churning out the good stuff.

Also thanks for raffling off the Millet portable, to Edwood. It was my in-flight entertainment. A true tube amp, compact, and battery powered, amazing!

May 8, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #4 of 10
Yes, it's quite powerful.

And if it is powerful enough for my K1000's it'll be a keeper.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, Todd!

-Ed

May 9, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 10
Holy Crap!

The TTVJ Millet Hybrid Portable is powerful enough for the K1000's!

Comparing it head to head with my Grace m902 right now. The Grace has tighter bass, but the Millet Portable does not have a collapsed soundstage and clipping which is typical of amps lacking the power to drive the K1000's.

This is the first (truly) portable battery powered amp I've heard that drives the K1000's well.

It also works great daisy chained with the Pico for a truly ultimate portable solution. The noise floor of the TTVJ Millet Portable is higher, but it doesn't matter with the K1000 since it's insanely inefficient. So if I want to listen to really efficient headphones, I can plug directly into the Pico.

-Ed

May 9, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #6 of 10
are you serious? Like driving them with authority?

Is the audition of the millet still going on? Would love a chance to listen to my music collection with one of these.

GOD i wished you had another one and traded it to me =)

May 9, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you serious? Like driving them with authority?

Is the audition of the millet still going on? Would love a chance to listen to my music collection with one of these.

GOD i wished you had another one and traded it to me =)

Yup. Thumping bass as all. And enough treble energy to make the Senn veil lovers ears bleed.
wink.gif

-Ed

May 9, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy cow! I thought it had a chance, but I'm still surprised that it does as well as you say. The sound signature of Millet Portable certainly seemed to be one that would match up well with the K1000.

It's not the best amp possible for the K1000's, but it beats the pants off of my Pimeta that I've been using for my XBox 360. And that was a pretty decent amp for the K1000's (amazingly enough.)

-Ed

May 18, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #10 of 10
I'm trying to get info on this amp. Does it work well with low impedance phones like Grados, the JVC DX1000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back