Thanks to Headroom
May 5, 2008 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Dominat0r

Formerly known as HighLife
Just wanted to thank you guys for coming and making me want to spend money. Which sucks but its going to spent somewhere...it best to spend it on something that will bring you years of enjoyment.

Tyll wish you lived here man, you are the kewlest guy in the whole fuggin world. Also was excellent to meet your crew...all of them were awesome guys.

BTW, if you ever have a scratch and dent or a liquidation sale on your MAX balanced setup, please DONT let me know....cause im going to ebay my kidney for it.

May 5, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 15
Yeah Tyll, thanks for MAKING me spend my money. I'm loving my Maxxed Desktop. Thanks for building great products. The Denon D2000's are incredible. The combo is great and now I don't have to bother the other developers I am working with.

May 5, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by brainsalad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah Tyll, thanks for MAKING me spend my money. I'm loving my Maxxed Desktop. Thanks for building great products. The Denon D2000's are incredible. The combo is great and now I don't have to bother the other developers I am working with.

Ohh you are the one who bought the D2000s, i wanted to trade Tyll for them and he said he sold them already....i hate you =)

May 6, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 15
two words - sheep + goats. tyll you da man buddy. hopefully i get a little more time to hang out and talk with you at the next meet. but the little time that i spent with you hearing stories about sheep and goats was probably the most memorable at canjam.

also thanks again for letting me borrow those balanced 650s at the meet.

and highlife already mentioned it but your crew was great to talk to. made me feel very welcome and comfortable and answered all my stupid questions
biggrin.gif

hope to see you again rather soon.

May 6, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, if you ever have a scratch and dent or a liquidation sale on your MAX balanced setup, please DONT let me know....cause im going to ebay my kidney for it.

Doood, I already shipped one off to you! Free, no charge baby. I look for the tracking number. I should be able to get it and let you knoe the status of your delivery in, say, two weeks.

(Would one of you Florida guys go over to his house next week and snap a picture of his quivering, near-corpse for me? Just wanna see that.)

Really, Dom, it'll be there shortly.

May 6, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #7 of 15
woot woot... ive got a extra kidney with your name on it.

Was the most listened to rig this weekend....love that amp soooo much it brought a tear to my eye hahaa..

May 6, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #8 of 15
considering im down the street from him, i wouldnt mind taking a picture or two. but then who will take my picture after one of my kidneys is gone?

on a side note, how many kidneys you got dom? maybe an extra one for me too? wouldnt mind getting a max shipped to my humble abode either
biggrin.gif

the max was a real treat to listen to tyll. especially some metallica on those balanced 650s. to anyone who missed canjam for whatever reason and missed this amp - you are a blithering idiot.

May 6, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #9 of 15
Had a great time with you, HighLife.
friday.gif

Still hunting down that tracking number.
DevilDog.gif

smoking.gif

Workin' on it, mate.

sleep.gif

Check back tomorrow, m'kay.

Augie.gif

(psst .... crappy ... I didn't send him an amp, I'm just giving him a scratch he can't itch cuz, well, I'm a nice guy like that.
biggrin.gif
And, yeah, cool, a pic about Thursday would be great.
thumb.gif
)

May 6, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Yeah Tyll, thanks for MAKING me spend my money. I'm loving my Maxxed Desktop.

You're most welcome, it was a pleasure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brainsalad
The Denon D2000's are incredible.

I like them a lot, but they aren't quite my cup of tea. I like things a little layed back. Mike (our Service Manager) switched from his K701s and says he prefers the 2000 over the 5000. I see what he's saying, too, they are a really terrific headphone, and have an immaculately articulate presentation.

What I'm really surprised about is how strong Denon's whole line is; they pretty much have the #1 or 2 position in sealed headphones at virtually every price point in my opinion. I could kick myself for not having pursued them sooner.

May 7, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #11 of 15
Lots of people said they liked the 2000 over the 5000. For me to truly say it was better, i swapped them over to a few different amps. On a mini amp the 2000 sounded better hands down. The bass was just a tad bloated at times, though it was pushed well through the mini amp. I listened to the 5000s in the same setup. I think the DAC was different. However the 5000s sounded dead compared to the 2000s. The bass impact was not there at all, almost flat. Sure there was PLENTY of detail, however bass is the backbone of music...can really make or break a good headphone.

However, things changed when we swapped amps. The desktop series (Great fuggin amp btw Tyll) woke up the 5000s bass problems. It was full, alive...a light thump, plus that same wonderful detail from before. Boom boom boom, we have a winning combo there.

SO its my thought that the 2000s perform better on a moderate system. The 5000s seem to shine on the higher end system.

BTW, i asked if you had the 5000s balanced for the Maxx, but NOOOOOOOOOO....

Also, where is my tracking number....i bought a whole quart of Astro-Glide and some candles for the unwrapping.

May 7, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted to thank you guys for coming and making me want to spend money. Which sucks but its going to spent somewhere...it best to spend it on something that will bring you years of enjoyment.

Just wanted to get my own thanks in here to all Head-Fiers who made it to the Ft.Lauderdale show, to the amazing tireless organizers of the meet, and to HighLife for an especially warm welcome. One of the many pleasures of this allegedly "solitary" hobby of ours is the great comradery we share at these events... I couldn't imagine a more fun job to have. THANKS, guys! [...you too, Tyll!]
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

May 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Thanks to you, BrainSalad, for your kind support (AND also for the "local-guy" tips for my Utah/AZ backpacking trip next week!!)
tongue.gif

Cheers!
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back