Thanks to Head-Fi, a semi dumb iRiver H120 now cost almost $160 LOL
Feb 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That one even has a bad HDD or worst.

Yeah. a day earlier I was bidding for another semi dumb H120 with a cracked screen and lost. I was looking for a 2nd unit. The cracked H120 eventually ended over $120 LOL!

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah. a day earlier I was bidding for another semi dumb H120 with a cracked screen and lost. I was looking for a 2nd unit. The cracked H120 eventually ended over $120 LOL!

Last week I was bidding on a an H120 with the magnesium case at ebay.UK and lost. I wanted to have one with a magnesium housing.

Feb 9, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 53
The more pressing question is why hasn't anyone made something better than the H100/H300 series.

I'm sure there is enough of an audiophile market that would gladly sacrifice a bit of portability for absolutely mind blowing sound quality, and would be more than willing to pay a small premium for it.

Feb 9, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #8 of 53
Yup if my H140 packs up I dunno what I'd buy. A wish list ontop of the H140 would be..

Wireless- transfer without pluggin in USB (no wear)
Better joystick
Slimmer
Better remote control
Docking station/charging.
1TB solid state storage :)
Rockbox support

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #11 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ive noticed h100 series players hitting a premium since the old head-fi fever kicked in.

Snagged myself a h120 today with a dud battery for $60... result.

Now I want to kick your butt!
tongue.gif
.......the H120 batt is just $10. What a STEAL. Lucky you

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #12 of 53
That's as long as unit isn't dead, mates got a h140 and doesn't show any signs of life with charger connected. Not used another charger. Not sure if changing battery will bring it back to life?

Feb 10, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #13 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I want to kick your butt!
tongue.gif
.......the H120 batt is just $10. What a STEAL. Lucky you

I know, I have three of them in the fridge waiting for when my h340 and h120 battery's dies, the third one will do for this unit.

I think I caught it pretty much as it came for sale, he had it on a buy it now for £45 or best offer, so I sent him a best offer of £35 and he accepted with £5 postage.

Great buy for a second back up machine, spares, practice on cf and sdhc mod etc etc.

My real goal is a h140 though, not that it matters much with the ss drives space wise but still, always nice to have more room inside to work with.

Iriverdude: This unit powers on fine, just doesn't hold the charge. As for your mates machine, you have lost nothing really just swapping out the battery and seeing if that will cure it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back