Thanks to a dirty thief I am now looking for a "replacement" for V-Moda M80.
Aug 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

joeylw

Head-Fier
A while back I purchased 2 pair of V-Moda M80s (one for my wife, one for me) and I loved them. They were my favorite headphones BY FAR out of what I own. *Fights back tears*.

Headphones I currently own:
Panasonic RP-HTF600-S
Incipio f38
MEElectronics HT-21
Sennheiser HD218i
Monoprice 8320
Monoprice 8323
Audio-Technica ATH M50
V-Moda M80 (well my wife still has her pair)

As you can see I already have several different "cheap but pretty good" headphones, (and the ATH M50 which I wouldn't say was cheap when I got it at $140, but it is awesom) but none fill the void of the M80. I used it constantly because it sounded great, had detachable cables, had an iPhone mic/3-button remote (super important to me because I use them almost 100% with an iPhone 4/4S and the mic and controls are needed for me), it was built solidly, and it looked awesome.

I am using the Sennheiser HD218i right now (because it's all I have with a 3-button mic) and it is OK at best, but the sound quality might be the worst out of all my headphones. I want to find a replacement for my M80 for less than $150. If I could spend any more than that I would just get another M80. I know I might not be able to get the cool looks or the good sound quality (to my ears) of the M80, but I hope I can get close.

Needs:
3-Button mic
Detachable cable

Wants:
Decently stylish
On-Ear

Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back