Thanks Head-Fi members!
Feb 28, 2006 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nickcfcg

New Head-Fier
I want to thank everyone on this forum for there help in me choosing my first pair of "good" headphones. In the past few days I have posted many questions, on what type of headphone would suit my needs. Today after several weeks of researching I finally purchased a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 990 2005 edition phones. I opted for the 32ohm pair. I ordered them directly of from beyer's website (it was the only place that I could find them). I spent way more then I should have (but I've recently sold a few old things on ebay) After some customization the price was $400. I'm sure I'll get a lot of flak for spending that much on the DT 990 but from what I have read the 2005 edition is supreme in many ways to the old edition plus I selected a leather band and chrome grille accent, and some other features. I will write a review when I get them, although this is my first pair of good phones I can at least compare them to my brothers SENN HD 595! I'm sure in the future (maybe next year) I'll be getting another set of headphones. Thanks again!

Feb 28, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #2 of 7
Same sentiments here.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've lurked for a long time, and thanks to this crew and some others, I ordered the AKG 701's last night and I am quite eager to get them and ditch my dying pair of Sony MDR-v700's.

Even without a dedicated amp, I know I'm getting serious upgrade right off the bat.

I have posted in the amps forum on that subject here: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=165394&page=5

If anyone wants to rack my brain, throw me a million questions, and help me swim through that current, I need all the help I can get. I'm new to a lot of this.

This is a great forum and I honestly had no idea that things were THIS serious, THIS high end, and THIS hardcore in the world of headphones. It's been very educational already.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 7
If you like it here so much why not become a contributing member?
icon10.gif
(link below all the ads at the top of every page.) Costs as low as $20.

Maybe I should consider becoming a contributing member as well. Just can't seem to spare any money when every dime I have goes into headphones or for an amp.
rolleyes.gif
Also there are benefits of being a contributing member too.

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickcfcg
I want to thank everyone on this forum for there help in me choosing my first pair of "good" headphones. In the past few days I have posted many questions, on what type of headphone would suit my needs. Today after several weeks of researching I finally purchased a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 990 2005 edition phones. I opted for the 32ohm pair. I ordered them directly of from beyer's website (it was the only place that I could find them). I spent way more then I should have (but I've recently sold a few old things on ebay) After some customization the price was $400. I'm sure I'll get a lot of flak for spending that much on the DT 990 but from what I have read the 2005 edition is supreme in many ways to the old edition plus I selected a leather band and chrome grille accent, and some other features. I will write a review when I get them, although this is my first pair of good phones I can at least compare them to my brothers SENN HD 595! I'm sure in the future (maybe next year) I'll be getting another set of headphones. Thanks again!

Wow, $400 is a huge amount of money to spend on headphones!

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
Wow, $400 is a huge amount of money to spend on headphones!

You must be new.
orphsmile.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsportline43
If you like it here so much why not become a contributing member?
icon10.gif

That's just low. The guy's wallet is still reeling and you want him to start donating?
biggrin.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by angler31337
That's just low. The guy's wallet is still reeling and you want him to start donating?
biggrin.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

He's the one trying to show his love for Head-fi. So why not put his money where his mouth is?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back