Thanks a million!
Jul 3, 2009 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tgrisham

New Head-Fier
I appreciate all who contribute to this site. I tried a Beresford desktop amp but sent it back and went portable. I purchased a Vivid V1 based on the comments here and it is a remarkable amp with my Senn HD 600s. It is tiny, rechargeable from USB, and works well with the Senns-full-bodied, articulate without being fatiguing and has plenty of volume-all for 100USD. Thanks to all for great information. Keep up the good work!

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 8
You are most welcome!
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgrisham /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I appreciate all who contribute to this site.

I must disagree completely with you. Before head-fi I used to think my el cheapo Sony earphones were among the best in the world ! After head-fi I have realised they are utter crap and I was forced to upgrade.
mad.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by brendon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must disagree completely with you. Before head-fi I used to think my el cheapo Sony earphones were among the best in the world ! After head-fi I have realised they are utter crap and I was forced to upgrade.
mad.gif

oh, you're just looking at it the wrong way.
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #6 of 8
^^ Hmm, maybe I should have changed the smiley ?

I was being sarcastic of course. I joined recently but I was a lurker here for almost 2 years now.

I actually wanted to upgrade for some time but never could because of the poor choice of high end headphone gear where I live. Thanks to head-fi, I read the lovely reviews from so many people like ClieOS and Anthonyfirst, that I decided to get the Head-direct RE1. And now I just ordered a Meier Corda Porta III amp to go along with it based on the nice review Skylabs gave in his portable amp shootout. It was a real pleasure dealing with Dr Jan Meier as well
smily_headphones1.gif

And honestly I still cant believe how nice the RE1 sounds when paired with my el cheapo Crossroads Pro cmoy amp. I am re listening to all my old songs that I did not like too much and even after 2 months of using it I still still exclaim 'wow!' from time to time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #7 of 8
There are many members from India so maybe you guys can get an Indian meet together. That's the best way to experience gear.

Welcome to our community.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for the warm welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back