Thank You!
Mar 14, 2007 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

pentachris

Head-Fier
I've decided to splurge on some decent headphones for my Ipod Nano. After searching around on the web, I was leaning towards the Ultrasone Icans. But I wanted to be able to justify spending that much more than what a pair of Igrados, PMX100s or PortaPros cost. So I searched some more (and some more, and some more...).

Then I found this site.

After searching these forums and reading threads, posts and opinions for several hours, I realized I hadn't put enough thought into what conditions I was going to be using the headphones under (office use, walking the dogs, yard work, mowing the lawn, etc.). I just thought I wanted something with a good sound at a price I could afford. So, I thought about that some more as I kept looking, and late yesterday I submitted my online order for a pair of Etymotic ER6i's (the noise isolation will come in handy with the din of the lawn mower, and I work in a bank where leaking noise from open can design might not be wise) PLUS a pair of Koss KSC75's (the money I'm saving vs. the Icans made the choice a no-brainer, and I think they'll be better for walking the dogs).

As a semi-regular member of an online forum that dispenses computer upgrading and repairing advice, I know that for many of you this is a labor of love. But I feel like I've taken so much from here that I wanted to register as a member so that I can thank all of you for what you do - I feel like I've made a good decision because of your discussions.

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back