Thank you Veterans and....
Nov 10, 2006 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

JMT

JMT Audio:PPA/META42 Amp Factory
An appreciative shout out to all Veterans, all those currently serving and protecting us, and all of their families for the sacrifices that you make.

Although today is the official day to honor you, I hope eveyone honors what you do daily.

JMT (a father who's son reports to Air Force basic training January 30th)

Nov 10, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
An appreciative shout out to all Veterans, all those currently serving and protecting us, and all of their families for the sacrifices that you make.

Although today is the official day to honor you, I hope eveyone honors what you do daily.

JMT (a father who's son reports to Air Force basic training January 30th)

Well said, I'll echo with a x2
icon10.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 17
X3 - Today is HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all Marines, and Tomorrow is the Actual Veterans' Day, but we are celebrating it today. Thanks to all those who serve, and all who have served, and all their families, as they also serve.

Our only child is home right now, the first we have seen of her since she went in to the USAF last March 13th. Her first assignment will be to Eglin AFB, in Florida, and she has a 100% chance of going to the "Big Sandbox" during the two years she is assigned there.

We're celebrating Thanksgiving, her Birthday, and Christmas before she goes, as they all fall after her report date, 16 Nov.

Nov 10, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 17
A very big "THANKS" to those who have served and to those who are serving now. We are all praying for your safe return after your tour of duty.

Nov 10, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 17
Veteran's Day is officially tomorrow, but since many have a holiday today (I do not) I did not want the real purpose of the holiday to be lost.

Nov 10, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #7 of 17
Every summer my folks help throw a picnic for the Korean War vets. The korean community there is very appreciative, and it's sad to see less and less vets every year. Show them recognition while they are here to enjoy it, folks!

Nov 10, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 17
Freeing our folks over here some 50 years ago was quite a good deed - very much appreciated. I rather pity the poor guys that have to serve in Iraq now, though - I guess, that must be a nightmare...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Nov 10, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #9 of 17
Yes, a sincere thank you, and a recogntion that mere words aren't enough. I'd like to go up to every veteran today, look them in the eyes, grasp their hand, and express my thanks personally for their sacfrice for our country.

Nov 10, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 17
Well said by everyone before me. I can only add my thanks & appreciation to the vets, those in current service & all of you who are sharing your family members for my protection.

Nov 10, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 17
I would first like to say thank you as the military does not get enough apreciation. We fight or have fought to keep this country free of tyranny and opression. I would also like to thank all my brothers in arms that are still fighting the great fight to keep us free eventhough I am no longer in. And last I would like to Thank all those who have paid the Ultimate Sacrafice for our country by giving thier life to keep us free.

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #12 of 17
Thank you, past and present soldiers, Marines, airmen, and sailors for defending this country and keeping it safe and free so my parents could escape the oppression of the USSR to come here. Thank you for defending the freedom not just of those people lucky enough to live here, but of people all around the world. Thank you for giving Americans yet another reason to be proud to be American. Stay safe, and stay strong.

Nov 12, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #14 of 17
My hat's off to the dedicated men and women of our armed forces and their families on this Veterans Day.

Nov 12, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #15 of 17
Deepest thanks to anyone reading this that is a Vet or in active duty.

I have not served and regret that all the time. My family has a deep Navy tradition. I been prouder of a family member than when I saw my older brother's unit marching in at the boot camp graduation ceremony at the Grea Lakes facility in northern Michigan.

I was 16 at the time and hadn't seen him for months (you didn't see them that weekend until after the ceremony). Seeing my big brother amongst the several thousand in uniform marching in in perfect unison was a site to see. Gives me chills thinking about it.

What a sacrifice all of you give. It's just such a real gift to give.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back