Thank you Head-Fi
Dec 8, 2009 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SirG

New Head-Fier
Almost two years ago now, after finding out that stock i-Pod ear buds are crappy sounding, I came to this forum to get suggestions for which "ear buds" to buy:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sug...please-297637/

After many thoughtful responses from members, I disregarded them all and bought a pair that nobody suggested. They were surprised by my choice to ignore them and I felt bad. I truly thank every one for their input. Head-fi was responsible for my choice in IEMs, though not because of the member's suggestions.

The sole reason that I bought Jay's Q-Jays was that their frequency response graph was so flat. I said in my original post above that I came here to learn and only became more confused with all the new lingo. A flat response curve though made sense. It meant that the driven sound would be very similar to the input signal, which to me is the main goal of a driver.

It took a few days of listening to those new monitors to fully realize how good they sounded. They were hooked up to my iRiver iHP-120 (now broken) and I began hearing new parts and instruments in songs that I thought I knew by heart! Still to this day I notice things in music that only my q-Jays will reveal to me, things that I hadn't heard listening to the same song on any other speaker system.

I used to not understand why any body would spend so much on audio equipment. Well now I know and I want to thank head-fi and all of its members for existing and for being patient with my naivety to audio. Thank you!
smily_headphones1.gif
There is so much good information on this site, it is a treasure for learning about audio/music listening and it is such an excellent resource because of the intelligence of its members.

Now I come back here, and the reason is vinyl. I have been listening to Tycho - Sunset Projector, and I like it so much that I want to get it on vinyl to hear it at its best. Now I have so many questions about vinyl, specifically how to get that analog goodness from the vinyl to my drivers with the least amount of degradation in between. But that is a topic for another subforum.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/jus...-vinyl-459607/

Thanks again guys. I am thankful that this board exists, without it I may have never known music could sound so good!

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks again guys. I am thankful that this board exists, without it I may have never known music could sound so good!

very true in mine case too

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And ridiculously expensive.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back