Thank you, Head-Fi!
May 14, 2006 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kylmis

New Head-Fier
I just wanted to say Thank You for such an amazing forum filled to the brim with precious information...

So this is my first post but I've been lurking around here for nearly 6 months and I just wanted to say that I've been mighty impressed with the amount of (sometimes useless
biggrin.gif
) information this forum is filled with. Before the flood of "Sorry 'bout your wallet" start I just have to say that I've managed to avoid the curse pretty well so far. I was led here looking for information on the Creative EP-630 which I bought and was very happy with them... for a while. Since then I've purchased PortaPros, Senn HD-201 and HD-555 and I'm currently considering a cmoy or the PA2V2 and of course cables and headphone stands and...

Yes, well, no curse here then...
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 9
Well since you alluded so well to it... I am honestly and truly sorry for your wallet. But I'm glad you've found the place we've all been enjoying for awhile. Now kick back, relazing in the members lounge and post about randomness! Yay!

May 14, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylmis
I just wanted to say Thank You for such an amazing forum filled to the brim with precious information...

So this is my first post but I've been lurking around here for nearly 6 months and I just wanted to say that I've been mighty impressed with the amount of (sometimes useless
biggrin.gif
) information this forum is filled with. Before the flood of "Sorry 'bout your wallet" start I just have to say that I've managed to avoid the curse pretty well so far. I was led here looking for information on the Creative EP-630 which I bought and was very happy with them... for a while. Since then I've purchased PortaPros, Senn HD-201 and HD-555 and I'm currently considering a cmoy or the PA2V2 and of course cables and headphone stands and...

biggrin.gif

Yeah, Head-Fi is really cool. I'm enjoying my rig as I type now.

Part of the fun is reading, learning, and sharing with other people with a shared interest.

So from me, Thanks, too!
icon10.gif

May 14, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 9
Six months, huh?

Well then; you should have welcomed ME!!

But, since you didn't........

Welcome!!
smily_headphones1.gif

And yeah; Sorry About MY Wallet!!

May 14, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylmis
... Since then I've purchased PortaPros, Senn HD-201 and HD-555 and I'm currently considering a cmoy or the PA2V2 and of course cables and headphone stands and...

biggrin.gif

No curse? but you bought 4 phones in 6 months time, keep on doing that for a while
wink.gif
welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by arielext
No curse? but you bought 4 phones in 6 months time, keep on doing that for a while
wink.gif
welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, well, because I consider all of these 'phones pretty cheap I don't think I have to worry that much... Plus I think I'm gonna keep the headphone set-up as it is for a while, 'cause currently I have a 'phone for my every need.

The only thing currently lacking from my rig is a nice little amp. So, waht do you think; PA2V2 or a cmoy? What kind of improvements should I be expecting? The PA2V2 is only 60$ and the cmoy would probably cost as much, 'cause I ain't that handy with a soldering iron (lots of fried parts)... So any suggestions would be good...

May 14, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #7 of 9
I've been really happy with the PA2v2 and to be honest, Gary is so good to deal with, you almost feel like buying one from him whether you need it or not!
tongue.gif

Haven't heard the Dot Micro, but I've got the Little Dot 2, and I can attest to it's goodness for the price. My only realy complaint about the PA2v2 that I think the Dot Micro would have the edge in, is true portability. The PA2v2 is extremely well constructed, but due to the plastic housing (specifically the side with the connection points), you need to be sure you have something decent to carry it in, or you're going to hear your music cut out every time a little strain is put on the 1/8 outs. Because the Micro+ is a full metal chassis, I would assume better durability on that end.

Don't let durability sway you too much though. I've been a very bad owner and the thing takes a (cringes) horrible beating with no adverse effects.

May 14, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by arielext
but you bought 4 phones in 6 months time, keep on doing that for a while
wink.gif

No worries, it will slow down significantly.
During the last six months I have purchased only three headphones, and I have sold five, so compared to six months ago I do own minus two headphones.
OTOH I've purchased four amps and I have sold only two.
So, plus two amps.
Evens the balance sheet out .........
As far as the quantity of headphone audio related gear is concerned.
I'd wish that would also be true for my financial balance sheet.

May 14, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 9
yep, its good to be able to ask advice and recieve reliable and informed information. kudos to the members of head-fi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back