thank you, head-fi... and now i bow out.
Feb 3, 2005 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

choweee

New Head-Fier
head-fi has guided me towards my two very informed purchases, the grado sr-225 and the audio-technica a900. as i really can't afford a worthwhile amp, these two cans will offer me great sound in noisy/quiet environments.

i'll also need to pick up a cheap pair of earbuds for my ipod (i lost the stock buds) and am probably gonna go with sharp md-33's or sony ex-71's.

but with that i plan to stop the spending; it's been fun. i'm a happy listener!

Feb 3, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 15
You'll be back
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #5 of 15
What is the deal with all of this guilt! Honestly, we need some unbridled hedonism. Leave the regrets for the 12 step program junkies.

Feb 3, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #6 of 15
Best way to avoid the head-fi syndrome is to constantly be broke
icon10.gif
but I would probably go with the MD33's from what I read around here. I haev the EX71 and its very muddy, bloated in the bass, and painful highs at first or I may have just gotten used to them
redface.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #8 of 15
you won't be happy with either of those earbuds after listening to sr225 and a900, try ety 6i

I have the ex-51, which is similar to 71 and its got boomy bass, hurts the ears, can't wear for more than 20 mins.

Feb 3, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTech221
icon10.gif
but I would probably go with the MD33's from what I read around here. I haev the EX71 and its very muddy, bloated in the bass, and painful highs at first or I may have just gotten used to them
redface.gif

This method works pretty good for me, had my HD580 before I arrived, and the only thing I have bought (so far) is E2c.

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTech221
icon10.gif

I've heard aversion therapy works pretty well too. Every time you think about head-fi you hit yourself between the legs, and pretty soon you won't think about head-fi at all. As a last resort, one can try electroshock therapy or a full frontal lobotomy.
icon10.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

i'll also need to pick up a cheap pair of earbuds for my ipod (i lost the stock buds) and am probably gonna go with sharp md-33's or sony ex-71's.

i only own a single pair of earbuds (something about me hating things IN my ears
very_evil_smiley.gif
) and those are the Sennheiser MX-300 which they gave away for free !

Being cheap i always did like giveaways but has anyone noticed it is only Sennheiser that gives away stuff ?

so far i have the buds mentioned and a really cool full size Sennheiser poster that they also sent me as a promo for free.
Not really a big deal or expensive but still,how come it is only Sennheiser doing this ?

Where are you other guys with the free stuff dammit !
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 8:50 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
i only own a single pair of earbuds (something about me hating things IN my ears
very_evil_smiley.gif
) and those are the Sennheiser MX-300 which they gave away for free !

Being cheap i always did like giveaways but has anyone noticed it is only Sennheiser that gives away stuff ?

so far i have the buds mentioned and a really cool full size Sennheiser poster that they also sent me as a promo for free.
Not really a big deal or expensive but still,how come it is only Sennheiser doing this ?

Where are you other guys with the free stuff dammit !
very_evil_smiley.gif

Free Sennheiser stuff, I want it.
orphsmile.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Free Sennheiser stuff, I want it.

the sennheiser web page is definately on my "check it out once a week" list where I go straight to the "news,promo,speacials" pages.

The cool thing is Sennheiser U.S.A. is right here in Connecticut so when they ship the free stuff,always in a mass shipping after everyone has signed up,I usually get mine first !
icon10.gif

Feb 3, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by choweee
head-fi has guided me towards my two very informed purchases, the grado sr-225 and the audio-technica a900. as i really can't afford a worthwhile amp, these two cans will offer me great sound in noisy/quiet environments.

but with that i plan to stop the spending; it's been fun. i'm a happy listener!

Wait...Wait...You still need to buy a very expensive amp before you leave.Read the contract!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back