Thank goodness for canalphones!!!
Dec 16, 2004 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
While cell phones are certainly indespensible tools, folks can be downright annoying if not totally rude in their use. These things go off any and everywhere. Yet, my biggest complaint is that folks use them and talk LOUDLY as if they were either so important that the rest of the world needed to know it or their handset was so crappy, they need to yell in order to be heard. I suppose in the day to day scheme of things this is no big deal but now this:

Internet and cell phones coming to flights!

I applaud and look forward to the day I can surf while flying(that sounds strange to guys from the 60's and 70's like me) but I can only imagine folks with cell phones with a couple of hours to kill. If this comes to pass, my ety's will be absolutely THE ONE set of phones never to leave my possession!

Dec 16, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #2 of 9
I've already had the pleasure of sitting next to someone on a flight who was yakking away on the phone (the plane had a built in phone system) for two hours. It's also a big problem on the commuter train I take every day.

I agree, if it weren't for my E3's these people would drive me nuts.

I think cell phone usage should be banned on all forms of public transportation.

Dec 16, 2004 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 9
Canal phones are a must for flyers
biggrin.gif

Everytime I see a child with the expression of screaming on his/her face, but instead of screaching banshee sound mixed with engine music, all I hear is Vivaldi or something I know they are worth every penny.

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:27 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pov
I think cell phone usage should be banned on all forms of public transportation.

Naa, people should just come to their senses regarding offering all their private lives to others. Next time someone forces his too private communication on you, think about offering detailed help. "So your boyfriend is a total retard, yes...?"

Dec 16, 2004 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Naa, people should just come to their senses regarding offering all their private lives to others.

Yeah, that'll be happening soon
rolleyes.gif
etysmile.gif

I've become so anti-social on flights that I break out the E3's as soon as my seat-mates sit down, and put them in while staring directly at them. Just being sure they get the fact I won't be chatting or otherwise participating in their flight experience...

Dec 16, 2004 at 5:04 PM Post #7 of 9
Canalphones --

I bring my ER-4P/S whenever I fly and...
Now I look forward to being on an airplane.
wink.gif

They truely are amazing... Babies/announcements gone...
And cabin noise/pressure is non-existent... Pure bliss...

I just flew from Atlanta International to LaGuardia...

It was a great time for me, not for others around me. Hah.

BANGPOD

Dec 16, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #8 of 9
I just got some e2c's and I've been wearing them on the crowded trains and on my walk to and from. On the train I constantly feel like somebody may be saying "excuse me" or "the train is about to explode". Makes me a little antsy, and I can't really enjoy what I'm listening too. I just don't feel that its a good idea to be totally detatched from all around you.

when walking I get the foot microphonics (thudump thudupm thudupm....).

I'm starting to wonder if the cannalphone thing is for me. Oh, I'm using the sillicone tips right now... maybe I'll try the foamies on the way home tonight.

oh, also, my friends always act confused when I say "I'll call you back I'm on the train".

Dec 16, 2004 at 8:30 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by BANGPOD
Canalphones --

I bring my ER-4P/S whenever I fly and...
Now I look forward to being on an airplane.
wink.gif

They truely are amazing... Babies/announcements gone...
And cabin noise/pressure is non-existent... Pure bliss...

I just flew from Atlanta International to LaGuardia...

It was a great time for me, not for others around me. Hah.

BANGPOD

Hey, just saw that you're at Emory. I'm a "Memory" grad, too.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back