TH-x00 or Alpha Dogs?
Jan 2, 2017 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Androktasiai

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Contemplating picking up some new closed back headphones for my desktop rig. Looking for thoughts between Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 and Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs.

Mainly listen to rock, alternative, some classical.

Thanks,

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 5
What kind of sound signature are you looking for? The X00s are a bit more v shaped and musical and the alpha dogs are a bit brighter and analytical. I have only heard the X00s for around an hour from a friends collection, but i own a pair of alpha dogs. It is pretty bright and analytical/detailed with good instrument seperation and soundstage while still staying fun. The treble can get a bit sharp at times and the bass is good and fast, but wouldnt ever satisfy a basshead. The X00s had much nicer treble and very very good bass but the soundstage and instrument seperation was mostly gone. I listen to very similar music and i prefer the alpha dog much more, though i still plan on picking up my own X00 eventually. Keep in mind too that the alpha dog will need a high power amp, the thing is a monster and almost never sounds as great as it could on an amp that isnt plugged into the wall and doesnt have a lot of current to power it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back