tf10 vs. turbines
Apr 10, 2010 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

french2013

New Head-Fier
been thinking about upgrading to tf10's from my turbines (love them, but i just want more out of my buds). how big of a difference in sound quality should i expect (i realize they are triple driver)? is the bass of the tf10's comparable to turbines (i wouldn't want any less)? i don't want to buy them and feel like i got just as much out of my turbines. although i feel like i wont feel that way. i was thinking about getting an null audio cable to replace the stock one too as i hear the stocker is atrocious.

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 7
I have both and the TF10's whoop the bass of the Turbines in quantity, accuracy and quality, and are overall a MUCH better phone- You pick up so many more details and notice so much more sharpness in your music.

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 7
the turbine pro series ,bass is as good if not better than tf10 in every way , and fit and isolation is far better ,and no trace of sibilance unlike the tf10,

tf10 is still a great iem though and a good buy.

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 7
The regular Turbines are pretty impressive. I still enjoy the treble and airiness of the TF10s and they deserve to be considered a top-tier IEM, but I find the Turbines actually are more revealing, provide better bass, and are more balanced across the spectrum than the TF10s. The Turbines don't have the super-extended treble of the TF10s, but the Turbines also do not have the U-shaped sound of the TF10s, and I find the Turbines have much better timbre reproduction than than the TF10s.

Moving to the Turbine Pros, the Pros just improve everything on the Turbines, and have become my reference set. I still enjoy all my IEMs, but the Pros really are an interesting IEM. I have the Gold now and just received the Copper.

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 7
The coppers are my reference set and my favorate at the moment, they do everything so very well and are super comfortable to wear, dont even feel i have enything in my ears .

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Very few phones have bass comparable to the Turbines; they're just the fat daddy of that price point. If that's to sort of bass you like, the IE8 (or the MTP Gold) is a more likely upgrade than the TF10.

That said, I find the TF10s one of the bang/buck kings. The bass is adequate and accurate, if not powerful, and if you can EQ the mildly depressed mids, they're competent across the spectrum. They'll give you much more detail than the Turbines on anything that isn't a bass tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back