TF10 vs. FreQ Show
May 13, 2008 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

LeeMark

500+ Head-Fier
MY TF10 I got from fdhfdy developed a cracked casing after an unfortunate accident so i am in discussions with UE regarding how to get it fixed. In the mean time, I got turned on to the the FreQ Show and this sounds like a great IEM at a great price for customs. I do love the TF10 but if it costs too much to fix I was wondering if it was worth going for the FreQ show. As everyone asks, what do you listen too, what is your rig etc. I will pre-empt that question. My rig is listed in the signature below, I am currently using my ER4P but they don't compare to the TF10. I love the predator and I feel it even works well with my 701s. I only listen to lossless files as now hearing the difference, it is annoying to listen to anything less. I like an eclectic blend from classical to jazz to world to rock, but as you would guess an accurate bass is important but it does not need to be bass heavy. Thanks in advance

Lee

May 13, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 16
After an hour already on the second page. I could really use some good advice from people here. Thanks

Lee

May 13, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 16
If you would like to try it out, get it... but then if you want to hear more experiences from different users, I'd say wait.

depending on how much it takes to fix your TF10, it may be the differences in the choice.

May 13, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunk7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they have as nice highs as the TF10's? I just got a set of Livewires and I think the TF10's blow them away.

I don't think TF10 can blow Livewires on highs.
TF10's high is to prominent, so prominent that it's even piercing.

On the other hand, LW is more neutral than TF10 pro.
Listen to them for longer time, LW is more pleasant to me than TF10 pro.
TF10 is way too exciting. Exceedingly so.

May 13, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I were deaf, I'd put my money on the FreQs for comfort, ease of insertion, and aesthetics. But I'm not, and the FreQs sound great.

So does that mean you like them more than the TF10 even if you weren't deaf?

Thanks

Lee

PS
UE told me that they will give me 25% off a new pair if I send in the old pair unless I can get the warranty card.

May 13, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by killkli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never heard TF10's treble is piercing nor I never felt that.

When I compare TF10 to q-Jays, q-Jays definitely have percing high depend on the source.

TF10 has Sweet and not piercing high at all.

Your experience may vary though

May 13, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by killkli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never heard the Livewires (would like to), and know that we all hear a little different but have never heard the UE TF10's come anywhere near to the words "prominent highs" or "piercing". Something must be wrong with your samples.

May 13, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 16
I guess it depends on how much you love the Triple Fi sound. If it were me, I'd wait & get another pair, but as TSi said, if it's experimentation you're after...

And I don't find the Triple's highs so prominent & certainly never ever piercing. Exciting? You bet!

May 13, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #11 of 16
But guys what about the TF10 vs. the FreQ show. Any ideas? Germania seems to love it but I don't think she compared the two.

May 13, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #12 of 16
Can't help - no exp of FreQs, soz.

May 14, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #14 of 16
I have both. I love my triple.fi 10 pro, it has been accompanying me in the past 6 months. But after I got the new Freq Show last week, I started to think about selling my TF10. So IMO I recommend Freq Show.

May 14, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both. I love my triple.fi 10 pro, it has been accompanying me in the past 6 months. But after I got the new Freq Show last week, I started to think about selling my TF10. So IMO I recommend Freq Show.

Hey there, would you mind giving us a bit more detail about what you think of the Freqs and how they compare to other 'phones you have? I'm sure me and many other people would appreciate it alot over in the Freq impressions thread
smily_headphones1.gif

PS. pics would be nice too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back