TF10, SE530 or UM2?
Nov 4, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QFT.

x2 shure's are ridiculously rolled off even when amped that is funny
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #20 of 22
it really depends on the armature capability imho. if it's capable of going high freq, it shouldnt have any problem, amped or unamped. in case of se530, i'm not sure. correct me if i'm wrong.

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #21 of 22
Hi,

I'm actually on the same boat. I am having a hard time choosing which one to get. I am leaning towards the UM2 for tight bass and comfort fit. I've been doing alot of research and i think overall the Shures has the upper hand in SQ. There are not many negative reviews about them. As for UE, many negative reviews such as comfort level and durability. The only thing that confuses me is that the Shure and UE are triple drivers and UM2 is a dual driver and cost about the same range. And yes they can be bought around the same price range. What do you think?

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #22 of 22
UM2 IMO is well suited for most types of music and if your player supports EQ benefits from EQ high end. The bass is good and Mid is excellent. And as to comfort there is none equal. The Shures have a good sound but beware the cables have issues ( i have replaced my Shures 3 times). Even though they have a nice warranty it is just a pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back