Tf10 reshell options for live monitoring (guitarist)
Jan 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JeS89

New Head-Fier
Hi I have tf10 that is being unused at the moment cause a) it's uncomfortable and b) it needs new cables. I was wonder what the best option for me was. I need a good pair or in ear monitors for live music setting (I'm a singer/songwriter as well as an electric guitarist). I'd like it to be a little bit more neutral sounding but still have a big soundstage. What is my best option?? Thanks

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 9
I'll bite - there are a number of threads where the discussion of re-shelling TF10's is mentioned - A lot of your decision will be influenced by where you live - if it is in the US - there is Kozee and Fisher Hearing - you are probably looking at around $150 or so (shipping - DIY ear molds) - more if you use an audiologist. From what I hear - they try to match the sound signature during the construction process - so you end up with a TF10 that fits great and isolates well - If you like your TF10 and just hate the way it fits - it is worth the money - I personally enjoy the sound - I did the flip mod and they fit a lot better and don't sit out like Frankenstein bolts.

So look up Kozee and Fisher - for the US - others may have other suggestions - like UM in China - they are much more expensive, but have a lot of other options - you can add drivers to make the triple into a quad or 6-driver configuration - although I have heard mixed reviews about the sound.

Good luck.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for getting back! I have read many threads on reselling options but I'm specifically looking for use in a live music monitoring context. I've not found too many users who use them for that purpose.

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 9
You could get a pair of UERM's, or something out of the UE customs range, but that'll set you back a grand+.
But i mean, apart from price, convenience and quality, there's really nothing that differentiates between reshelling companies, it's all the same material, and it's all customised to your ear shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back