TF10 Pro died… worthy replacements?
Sep 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

LnxPrgr3

100+ Head-Fier
First posted: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/tf...cements-446766 because apparently I clicked the wrong link.

So my TF10 Pro look like this now:
38e57616.jpg

Terrible picture, I know, but I'm sure it illustrates the point -- I can't exactly use these anymore.

So I ask -- what would be a worthy replacement? I do like their sound signature for the most part, but they seem a bit dull at times, especially right after listening to the HD600. A similar sound signature would be more than acceptable though. In particular, though, I do not want to lose energy in the highs. This probably lets Shure out -- at least the SE310 had terrible highs to my ears.

Does anything else fit the bill? I'd like to keep it under $400, but that's not a hard limit at all.

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 10
If you liked them, remolding it might be an option. Heard it helps with the highs

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #5 of 10
agreed custom mold them, or get some customs :p if u read around, some people say cheap customs r better then universals... there are some good customs around 400-500 i've gone from E500>Er4p>IE8>ACS-T1(customs) and they certainly sound much better tho T1 isn't a cheap custom

ps i'd rather go customs, as their structure is usually well developed, the shape matches how the drivers work... tho i'm not sure if molded universals would give similar results.. but going for a well developed pair sounds better to me

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't multi-post.

he posted in the source forum, it's okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoonf144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you liked them, remolding it might be an option. Heard it helps with the highs

I second that. If the drivers inside hasn't take damage, this might be a nice option to bring your TF10 back to a rather new life. A new TF10 may cost less but why not get something useful of your old one.

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 10
Hmmm…that is an interesting option I hadn't thought of at all!

I don't think the drivers were hurt by recent events. They have given me minor trouble in that if I use them for hours on end, eventually I lose bass in the right channel -- taking them out of my ears and letting them sit for an hour or two cures this though.

Would UE perform this service, or is there someone else I should go through? What kind of outlay and turn-around time am I looking at? I ran a search on the forums and apparently a company called Unique Melody can do this, though the section of their site that describes the service looks like it's in Japanese.

Sep 23, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 10
i agree with them being a bit "dull". sorry for the losss, easiest thing would be to remold to customs...

Sep 23, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by LnxPrgr3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think the drivers were hurt by recent events. They have given me minor trouble in that if I use them for hours on end, eventually I lose bass in the right channel -- taking them out of my ears and letting them sit for an hour or two cures this though.

Would UE perform this service, or is there someone else I should go through? What kind of outlay and turn-around time am I looking at? I ran a search on the forums and apparently a company called Unique Melody can do this, though the section of their site that describes the service looks like it's in Japanese.

Not sure why you'd lose bass in one side then manage to get it back after letting them sit around for a while, it could be a driver problem.

Unique Melody is Chinese, if you search through some of the threads you can find the MSN for Sam, one of the guys who works there. He can chat with you in English about your options which are either to remold normally or remold with an additional mids driver (bringing it up to 4 drivers per side).

UE doesn't offer such a service.

Sep 24, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by LnxPrgr3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

most probably driver/cross feeds damage then, getting a new pair would probably be wise.. highly recommend customs, 1 universal is enough to play with... wasted so much money on different universals...
frown.gif

Unique Melody does offer customs at nice prices, tho i've never heard 1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back