TF10 Earwax?
Aug 6, 2010 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hscai

New Head-Fier

TF10 doesn't have covering for the two holes. (I don't know how to describe those two holes, but thats where the sound comes out.) I have dry-type earwax, and it's a bit difficult to clean, especially since I can't see clearly inside the holes and might not notice small bits of earwax that's not stuck on the sides of the holes, but actually fell in. Any way to clean inside the holes?

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

The third image describes what I mean the best. I can't see the bottom well at all, and don't know if anything is there. As a producer and owner of dry, flaky earwax, would any small, fallen pieces (as shone in the first two image) damage the IEMs? After all, if I'm not mistaken, aren't the red and yellow objects within the sound bores simply filters? Would touching it even a tiny bit damage it? If not, how much resistance does it have to breaking? (As in, how hard would you have to touch it for it to break?)

I am aware of the Comply TX-500. However, I'm thinking about getting the TF10 re-shelled with my ear impression. That brings another question: how do you clean the custom IEMs? Sorry for the many questions.

Aug 9, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 6
I don't want to be rude, since I do respect this community and all its knowledge and kindness, but I don't know what to think. This is the third or fourth time I've asked this - two to three times in another thread of mine that died due to no one answering. I would be glad even if one of these questions are answered.
If no one knows, that's fine too. Someone please tell me so I can stop expecting answers.

Aug 9, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 6
Looks clean to me. Do you have tiny brush? The TF10 should come with a wax cleaning tool. And if there is a manual there should be instructions on how to clean the earphone. Give it some brush if you think your earwax have gotten in and is affecting the sound. The red and green thing is filter, I have not tried poking them, but by right they shouldn't just break that easily. As for custom earphone, they typically have quite a big nozzle, with tubes in them, well, at least that's how mine looks like. 

Check out this link:
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12217&section=troubleshoot&crid=439&lt_product_id=5660&tabs=1,3,2,4,5&cl=us,en&p_search_text=

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 6
By brush, you mean the small metal loop on a black handle right? Yes, I clean the IEM with it. I've read that million times while trying to find the answer and e-mailing Logitech about it. I did find that you can purchase the audio filters from Logitech by calling them. It's really assuring to know that the filters won't break too easily.

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
By brush, you mean the small metal loop on a black handle right? Yes, I clean the IEM with it. I've read that million times while trying to find the answer and e-mailing Logitech about it. I did find that you can purchase the audio filters from Logitech by calling them. It's really assuring to know that the filters won't break too easily.

Well, I have seen ones that has brush and metal loop on each side, and ones that only has the loop on one side. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back