TF10 Cable?
Aug 14, 2010 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hscai

New Head-Fier

So the stock TF10 cable is dying on me. I want to make myself a good cable, but have no idea where to start. Though, a mic would be nice. A kind sir (not going to mention names because he might not like it) directed me here.

Quote:

If this is your first cabling project get at least 20 - 25 feet of cable. I recommend Mogami or Navships (the stuff on eBay).

You will also need the pin connectors, they are about $10 a pair. You should order 2 or 3 pairs.

And get a plug (the best plug is probably a Viablue).

If you plan on making this with a mic, it is a lot more complicated. Just keep that in mind

Then you braid the cable, and solder everything together.

I'm not going into details. If you need help, start a new thread and/or PM the great DIY'ers (ex. qusp).

So how much money can I expect to spend? What parts should I buy? Labor isn't a problem - I don't mind working hard. Of those parts I need to buy, what are the choices? Most importantly, how do I do it?

Thanks so much in advance!

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 8
^ whats the difference between lune and enyo? which one improves SQ and soundstage more?

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 8
Now that I can't answer. There weren't that many who had both.... the Lune is a lot thinner though; thinking back from what I read, the Lune sounded a bit clearer.... but I can't tell you if it's worth it over the enyo; I had the Lune and loved it though. Makes the music a lot brighter and the bass a lot cleaner. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 8
i will probably get the lunes then. how does teh soundstage compare with the stock cable? are the mids are also a bit more forward now with lune? 

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 8
I am going from direct memory here... so keep that in mind.
But I can't comment on the soundstage.
The mids are a bit more forward though; a lot of people have said this too. 

Aug 20, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for the reply everyone.

Quote:
You should check out the Lune and Enyo silver cables over at null audio. 

I have, but they seem to cost so much. That really isn't the biggest problem. I just thought they were rather thin. I am tempted to buy the Enyo cable though. They look great, and has Viablue plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back