TF.10's go quiet on one side?
Jun 19, 2011 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hello im sean

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i've had my tf.10's for a while, love them absolutely.  However one problem, as of late the right side will sometimes go to noticeably lower volumes than the left.  Now i think i have worse hearing in my right ear anyway, but sometimes when i'm using the tf.10 it becomes unbearable. After i fiddle with the wire and such on the right side it will go back to normal though.  I often wrap them up to put them in the included case but could that damage the wire?  So what do you guys think.. couldi have a short in the wire? or are one of my drivers going bad?
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 6
If you have to fiddle with the wire to get the volume back, then it is definitely your wire that is going bad. Try swapping the left side's cable with the right side and see if it still happens.

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Notorious cable problems by UE. It's a wear and tear item and I feel that UE takes too much crap for it.

The over the ear method puts a TINY pit of pressure on the pins and it bends them out of spec. You can bend them inwards for better retension, it seems to help. You could always just get a fancy new silver cable for these too if all else fails :)

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #4 of 6
You should clean them.
Maybe filters problems, they are inside
http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens14722681module128853981photo_1288062481ue3.jpg
Try firstly change earpieces L-L/R-R to L-R/R-L,
after this you will know filters or cable problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back