Texas mini meet -Austin, Temple, Waco, etc.
Oct 28, 2004 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

billinkansas

500+ Head-Fier
OK folks in Texas-

I have a plan, don't know how good it is but we'll make it work if we want to -

I will be at the Temple LaQuinta Inn starting tommorrow. I have reserved the hotel dining area for a mini meet this Sunday evening, maybe around 5 or 6.

There will be a tube audiophile from Baltimore with me. We are both technicians on high-end pipe organs, so we'll have some great CDs and lots of nerdy comments and bad jokes.

I'm leaving for Texas on Thursday noon. I'll bring all of my cans (DT 880, HD 555, HD 280), Creek amp, and maybe my big Lux (good h-phone jack). If you folks can't make it, I'll at least have a bunch of gear to play with for 2 weeks.

If you want to come by, PM me asap. Hope to see some Texas heads.

BK

Oct 28, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 7
I wish I could, my work schedule has me down for 4am the following Monday. I'll have to catch the next one, so please keep me posted. If there's a postponement, I'll be able to make the following weekend, (11-6&7)

Oct 29, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 7
I'd think about coming, but I have a horrible multivariate calculus test coming up next week (I'm at UT Austin, by the way).

What do you guys do at these meets anyway? I've never been to one. Is everyone welcome?

Oct 29, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #5 of 7
Hey guys,

We can find another time if we need to, Saturday or Sunday eve is easiest for me. I hosted a meet at my home in Lawrence KS earlier this month - there were 4 of us. We all learned about music that we didn't know before, and we checked out each other's gear with a wide variety of music. It is a cool thing to do.

PM me if you are pretty sure that you want to attend - I check email early and late. If we need to postpone, we can do that, but it sounds like you guys have been doing thaty for months already.

If anyone's interested, we can also have a tour of the fairly large new pipe organ that we are finishing up here in Temple.

I hope to see some folks.

BK

Nov 20, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 7
D'oh, I need to check these forums more often
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back