Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Feb 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #316 of 615
The D7000 is a fantastic piece of kit. I've used one quite a bit and recently sold my D5100. I prefer Nikon over Canon every time for stills, but Canon take some nice video.

Quote:
eek.gif
 Hell id be interested in playing with that thing alone, forget the headphones lmao. It probably couldnt hurt to bring a decent camera, im sure none of us want to spend too much time dedicated to taking nonstop photos. We need to get one photo of all the headphones lined up for sure though, why you ask? Why not? 

I'd like to give it a listen. I have a feeling my Q will keep serving me well though.

Quote:
I just sold my LCD-2, but still have the Norse Norn 4W OCC cable. Anyone interested in checking them out to buy maybe? If not, I'll be listing them on the FS forum. I'm not in a rush to tell it is all, so I thought I would see if there were any interested parties. Looking forward to the meet! Hopefully school doesn't kill me by then.

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #317 of 615
I'm down to RSVP, count me in! Name's Drew, from The Woodlands TX. What are most peoples musical preferences? I plan on buying some vinyl to take to this thing for sure, I can't wait to hear some great cans!

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #318 of 615
So um.. South by Southwest is same weekend as our meet. I thought it was a bug on the hotel sites, but apparently it isn't. Rooms that are normally $85 are now $285 a night. I gotta find somewhere I can pay a normal rate or find a local to bunk with. I can't pay $600 to come to this meet.

I wondered why so many hotels showed sold out. I thought their schedule just didn't go that far ahead...

Closest place with reasonable rate ($60) is 17 miles away in Georgetown. Hm..

Looks like about the best option I suppose. Anyone been to Mimi's Cafe in Round Rock? Looks like a nice breakfast spot. Reviews are mixed. Found this Milano Trattoria Italian place in Georgetown that looks really really good. Reviews are 96% and their menu is great. Might have to stop by for dinner Saturday or lunch Sunday on the way out.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #320 of 615
Electronic music mostly, but probably about 30% Classic Rock as well. Little bit of everything else.

Quote:
I'm down to RSVP, count me in! Name's Drew, from The Woodlands TX. What are most peoples musical preferences? I plan on buying some vinyl to take to this thing for sure, I can't wait to hear some great cans!

Ouch I didn't realize that. Didn't even think about it. I'd let you crash at the house but there's nothing to really sleep on.

Quote:
So um.. South by Southwest is same weekend as our meet. I thought it was a bug on the hotel sites, but apparently it isn't. Rooms that are normally $85 are now $285 a night. I gotta find somewhere I can pay a normal rate or find a local to bunk with. I can't pay $600 to come to this meet.
I wondered why so many hotels showed sold out. I thought their schedule just didn't go that far ahead...
Closest place with reasonable rate ($60) is 17 miles away in Georgetown. Hm..
Looks like about the best option I suppose. Anyone been to Mimi's Cafe in Round Rock? Looks like a nice breakfast spot. Reviews are mixed. Found this Milano Trattoria Italian place in Georgetown that looks really really good. Reviews are 96% and their menu is great. Might have to stop by for dinner Saturday or lunch Sunday on the way out.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #321 of 615
I have eaten breakfast at Mimi's, and it is good for breakfast. Georgetown will probably be as good as you can get on SxSW weekend... now I might have to roll down Friday night as well, depending on who's playing where, and if tix are obtainable.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #322 of 615

Mimi's is decent all around. I lived in Round Rock until about a year ago.

Quote:
I have eaten breakfast at Mimi's, and it is good for breakfast. Georgetown will probably be as good as you can get on SxSW weekend... now I might have to roll down Friday night as well, depending on who's playing where, and if tix are obtainable.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #323 of 615

Cool, booked and ready to roll, then. Just a little earlier a morning on Saturday than I expected. Actually SxSW appears to be a little over a week long so it goes all the way to the next weekend as well.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #324 of 615
SXSW is pretty much the event of the year down here. glad we're catching it early. The second weekend is even worse.

Quote:
Cool, booked and ready to roll, then. Just a little earlier a morning on Saturday than I expected. Actually SxSW appears to be a little over a week long so it goes all the way to the next weekend as well.

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #325 of 615
Mimi's breakfast is great in my experiences at the one in San Antonio.  Their corned beef hash is amazing x2.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #326 of 615
I had to show off the new rig I will be bringing down...Every proud papa shows off pics of their new baby

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #329 of 615
Yeah, let's try to avoid it in the future.

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #330 of 615
I wish I'd have realized that, but the other problem would be that a lot of students would miss out if it weren't this weekend. I think it'll be okay since we're not in the heart of Austin like we were last time, but definitely food for thought for next time.

Quote:
Yeah, let's try to avoid it in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back