Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk
Mar 23, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #17 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
like cruising bars for drunks instead of arresting actual criminals ?

Well tell you what, I'm going out this weekend to celebrate with friends for getting a new job (Dallas area), I'll let you know if I'm arrested or not. But I have honestly seen people at bars that really did need to be arrested and thrown in the tank overnight, i.e., the ones that are trying to start fights with everyone, the ones that are following over tables and such, etc. There is a point of excess that I have no problem with the cops stepping in and taking control of the situation (be it outside on the streets or inside a bar). Afterall, the bar could actually call the cops themselves if they decide that a person is too drunk and/or disturbing the peace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I don't want to be in a bar full of cowboys anyway.

Then don't go to a cowboy bar...?

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

Well tell you what, I'm going out this weekend to celebrate with friends for getting a new job (Dallas area), I'll let you know if I'm arrested or not. But I have honestly seen people at bars that really did need to be arrested and thrown in the tank overnight, i.e., the ones that are trying to start fights with everyone, the ones that are following over tables and such, etc.

being an ass is so far not against the law or the streets of america would be deserted.someone hits another human ? Called assualt and there are already laws on the books to handle that.Falling over a table ? The proprieter of any pub i have ever in my entire life been in would tell that person to leave or would in fact call the police or a cab so that knucklhead did not get behind the wheel.

I live in the real world people not some fantasy TV land where certain behaviour goes without notice or requires someone has to go to jail for making others uncomfortable.In my world if you are an a*shole you don't get a free pass to have another drink and become an even larger d*ckhead !
We take care of our own problems without getting the gendarmes involved,the courts involved,the newspapers smear of someones good name bewcause they had a bad day,embarrass their children at school when their classmates see pops name in the police blotter for being a drunk in a PRIVATE establishment..........

We just say "hey barkeep ! Jerky boy here has had his fill so I suggest you cut him off while he is still semi coherent.If he falls on me or spills a drink on me you KNOW what will happen
very_evil_smiley.gif
"

trust me,the guy WILL sober up and WILL realise he was a total a*s and mark it down in the "won't be doing that again" colum unless he is a total wreck of humanity and no one has to go to jail.

My wish ? Those who are so heartless feel the sting of the things they wish on others as being no big deal as if someone with a buzz is no better than human garbage
That when they maybe had one too many at a christmas party and when they sober up in the drunk tank and prepare to go before the judge they remember how it was when it was another human that was in that place and it was just fine then,

you know what is better than a cop in a pub ?

caring humans willing to help another person up

"hey buddy ! You all right man ? Can I call someone ? A cab ? No way you are driving out of here in that state so decide now how you want this to play out dude"

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:32 AM Post #21 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris
Is this the land of free and home of the brave?
biggrin.gif

Of course, but do realize you can be free and brave while still sober.
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:53 AM Post #22 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Of course, but do realize you can be free and brave while still sober.
tongue.gif

I agree!I wasnt complaining about everyone's right to get drunk. However i think that some regulations in the states are completely stupid *cough* open container *cough*.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #23 of 62
If they arrest your for getting drunk, I hope they arrest the bartender and bar owner as accomplices. I'm sure this practice is going to go down if flames for legalities like that within a month or two. It's really one of the dumbest things I've heard recently.

Mar 23, 2006 at 11:34 AM Post #24 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
You can be sober as far as normal functionality goes and still be legally intoxicated and that even more true as each year the laws evolve to a tighter standard.The bartender is to blame for serving drinks as he is payed to do ?

why not just bring back prohibition which is really what this is about.Chip at the edges and when there is nothing left shut the whole industry down.by doing it in stages no one will realise what is going on until it is too late.

Again,another example of some wiling to give up another persons freedom and everything is cool until it is their turn to be under the mocroscope of the PC police who seem think real criminals need help and should be pittied while normal law abiding citizens that do a thing they do not agree with get spanked.sometimes the spanking so severe it ruins lives but no matter.Ends always justify means right ?

pathetic that I lived long enough to see soviet russia become a democracy while we tread ever so closer to a full dictatorship and no one even cares as long as the right sugar caoting is put on it
rolleyes.gif

Suffice to say that the UK 'government' is going much the same direction.
Hopefully the sheep will notice in time and kick them out at the next election.
Whether or not the next lot will be any different or, shock horror! actually un-
make a law or two only time will tell.
But the way things seem to be going by that time every one will be on state
benefits, tagged and living under a curfew.
But at least the TV will be good.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:11 PM Post #25 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by setmenu
Whether or not the next lot will be any different or, shock horror! actually un-
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

confused.gif

Licensing laws for bar opening times have just been relaxed in the UK, so with no local objection a bar can open 24/7 (in theory).

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #26 of 62
Quote:

Living in an area where the local counties have just passed laws making it illegal to smoke in bars, this is not too surprising. We'll probably be first to make it illegal to drink at all in bars.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

Is this the land of free and home of the brave?

more like land of the harrassed and home of the punks..........who are steadily taking over and using the law to do their dirty work because BEING PUNKS can't do crap for themselves
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #29 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by setmenu
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Yup, the UK IS a police state and these bastards have way too many powers @ their disposal already, powers they are abusing on an hourly basis. I'm @ the business end of police coRRuption, victimisation and prejudice @ the moment and I am an intelligent, law abiding citizen..... god only knows what they're doing (and getting away with) to the poor buggers who can't stand up for themselves, it's an absolute disgrace and the UK is becomming more of a police state (as well as a right old state) by the day..... cameras everywhere watching your every move, traffic cops penalising honest tax paying motorists, police corruption, you name it the UK has it. Terrible times ahead I predict.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #30 of 62
Quote:

Living in an area where the local counties have just passed laws making it illegal to smoke in bars, this is not too surprising. We'll probably be first to make it illegal to drink at all in bars

I am not so sure how far things will go until they find a way to revoke the "right to bear arms" in this country which everything is predicated on.You can push and take but there is a boiling point where the people say "no more !" and that only meaningful if the public is as well armed as the would be dictators.
Minority views are using the legal system to FORCE their will and world view on others and it will at some point tip the balance to the break point and go to American Revolution V-2.
At that time, unlike in certain countries where the armed roam around and shoot at shadows because there is in fact NO law so weapons readily evident on the street,the sheer number of armed americans will amaze when every pissed off american brushes off that rifle that has been gathering dust in the attick for years....just in case.....................

At that time the constitution and bill of rights will have some meaning again instead of being selectively interpreted to in fact twist a document all about personal freedom as the means to take it away
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back