texans crumbled against colts
Oct 5, 2008 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jcn3

1000+ Head-Fier
had to be the most awful thing i've seen . . .

and i'm not even a texans fan!

Oct 5, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 12
First Ike, then Aggies & Texans... we are cursed!

Oct 6, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 12
A Texans fan cheering for the Cowboys is like a UK fan cheering for Louisville. You don't find many.

Oct 6, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 12
Houston is cursed because they didn't reinstate the Oilers name, instead they picked something lame in the "Texans." That's like the Cardinals renaming to the Phoenix Arizonans. With such an unoriginal name, the team deserves to suck.
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Texans fan cheering for the Cowboys is like a UK fan cheering for Louisville. You don't find many.

the way that works is that if you don't live in louisville you are by law forced to be a uk fan. i'm an import from ohio so it doesn't effect me. there are few teams i hate more than the cowboys. i think it is because i cannot escape their fans. they are everywhere i go.

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #7 of 12
uh it was the titans that used to be the oilers, texans are an expansion team.

anyway, sage let the whole city of houston down as i'm pretty sure their only fans come from there haha. that game should have been won, what the frig was the play caller thinking trying to throw when all they had to do was keep feeding slaton the ball who was kicking ass and taking names?

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 12
Yes, but the Titans are called the Titans, not the Oilers. Kinda like how the Sonics just moved away from Seattle and renamed to the Thunder... Seattle, if it ever gets another NBA team, is free to use the Sonics name again.

Anyway, it was more of me poking fun at the lameness of the name, don't take it too seriously. Because it's really is the lamest name in sports.

Oct 7, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but the Titans are called the Titans, not the Oilers. Kinda like how the Sonics just moved away from Seattle and renamed to the Thunder... Seattle, if it ever gets another NBA team, is free to use the Sonics name again.

Anyway, it was more of me poking fun at the lameness of the name, don't take it too seriously. Because it's really is the lamest name in sports.

very valid point. they could have reclaimed the oiler name. the old browns moved from cleveland to baltimore and became the ravens. cleveland was then given an expansion team and they were once again the browns. you can still get warren moon throwback jerseys and wear them to the games at least.

by the way i think that when the sonics moved they should have became the oklahoma city bombers. they could have a little black cartoon bomb with a lit fuse. sort of like the washington bullets. i'm a little morbid. i know as much.

Oct 7, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #11 of 12
Yeah the Washington Bullets name was so perfect... I haven't been to DC, but I haven't heard of any wizards in those parts. Maybe lizards (congress), but no wizards.
wink_face.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the Washington Bullets name was so perfect... I haven't been to DC, but I haven't heard of any wizards in those parts. Maybe lizards (congress), but no wizards.
wink_face.gif

i want to get a bullets throwback jersey if they make them. you would think they wouldn't care about an offensive name. they still have the redskins. i think washington is filled with wizards. they hypnotise you with promises and mind control so you will vote for them. they then do whatever they please for their term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back