Testing the Koss lifetime warranty....?
Mar 30, 2005 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone REALLY push / test their warranty coverage? I have some 19 year old Pro4X plus cans that need a re-cable and some new earcup pads.

Does this qualify under their lifetime warranty?

thanks,
Garrett

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 14
Yes they honour warranties. Usually they send you a comparable new product if they dont have stock of the one that is broken or if they dont have parts to repair.

They are pretty awesome. I broke my porta-pros and they sent me the porta-pro 2's without question. I broke the PPs under the rear tyre of my bike when they slipped off my head
rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Anyone REALLY push / test their warranty coverage? I have some 19 year old Pro4X plus cans that need a re-cable and some new earcup pads.

Does this qualify under their lifetime warranty?

thanks,
Garrett

I doubt it, almost no warranties cover "natural wear and tear of product".

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 14
What Im affraid of is they'll send me a replacement in the event that they dont have re-build parts (Highly probable given their age). While thats nice/honorable... its really not what I want.

All I really need is a pair of replacement earpads... I can do the recable myself.

Now ... If they send me a replacement can AND return my broken ones back to me, that'd be OK I guess.

Curious did they return your broken portas back to you along with the PP2? Or did they keep em?

Looks like I gotta get on the phone with their cust service anbd hammer out the details....
icon10.gif

Garrett

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 14
They kept the broken PP. They are amazingly quick with their shipping too...the most positive experience I have ever had with a manufacturer (apart from Sager computers - who were equally nice to me).

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #8 of 14
I JUST FOUND A PAIR OF KOSS PRO/4X PLUS IN MY ATTIC...THEY SOUND GREAT AND ARE IN TIP TOP CONDITION....I HAD TO GO OUT AND BUY AN ADAPTER ( 1/8 TO 1/4 ),, SO I CAN HEAR THEM ON MY DENON SYSTEM.  I THINK I BOUGHT THEM AROUND THE TIME THE FIRST CDs CAME OUT...1977?

May 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #10 of 14
I just bought a Koss Pro-4a set on line estate that don't have any signs of use but the ear pads are flatter than I think they should be (originally fluid filled), and I was wondering if Koss would repair/replace the pads without sending a newer replacement? I bought these for their vintage apeal and they came with the box and brocure. I also wonder if Koss will honor the warranty if I'm not the original owner?? They ask that you register the item and want you to list the purchase date and where you purchased them from, but I can't find any info showing when these were made or who sold these in the day?

May 29, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #12 of 14
I wrote Koss customer service Sunday asking about the warranty on K-6 phones and they said sorry the warranty does not include this item? I'm not sure the warranty will include the Pro-4A since it's an older model that the K-6?

May 29, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #13 of 14
The warranty is for the original purchaser only, and is also invalidated by multiple users. I assume this would rule out lots of professional and commercial models in typical use. With headphones that might be over 40 years old and whose modern equivalent is expensive I think they would be reasonable to ask for proof of purchase, or just say no unless you hobble in with a long grey beard, a walking stick and an ear trumpet..

This is the warranty I received with my Koss clip ons this month.

May 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #14 of 14
I'm a retired distributor of Tupperware plastic houseware products and never asked for anyone to supply proof of purchase on our limited lifetime warranty? As long as the product has not been abused in any way, we would replace or award cash value based on the last time the item was offered with no questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back