Testing out Shure IEM's
Sep 26, 2007 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pez

Headphoneus Supremus
I know this should be in the For Sale/Want to buy/Want to trade forum, but not a lot of people look there as much as here. Anyways I want to try out a pair of Shures (hopefully E3C/SE210 or higher models), and if it requires a trade, I think I'm willing to give up one of my pairs of IEM's, but I'm really interested in what a pair of Shure's sound like. I'm also really interested in how the Shure olives sound when paired with the Ety ER-6i's, and how exactly they fit.

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 9
Try your local apple store.
I was dissapointed with my Shure se210's, and I prefer the way the super.fi 3's sound over the 210's.

Also the 110's sound simmilar to the 210's if you can find thoes locally.

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:45 PM Post #3 of 9
yeh im in the UK and the apple store near me gives a guaranteed 2 week money back guarantee, thats how i got to test most of my list of IEM's, i simply buy, tek em back after 1 week and 6 days and say they are not for me i want money back then repeat

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiftiesdean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Apple stores have a case of sleaves so you can try all of the headphones out, just ask an employee (it's usually in the back so they will have to get it)

that is hard to believe, very hard, because they would have to throw those sleeves away after each use, and so would lose significant amounts of money over time, every iem i have taken back even for no good reason apart from me wanting something else has been sent back to the manufacturer for new sleeves and re-packaging and testing/refurb

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #6 of 9
next time I'm there I will take a picture for you. I can't speak for every Apple retail location, but I know for a fact that the one in Tampa @ International Plaza does have them. You do have to ask, though.

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiftiesdean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
next time I'm there I will take a picture for you. I can't speak for every Apple retail location, but I know for a fact that the one in Tampa @ International Plaza does have them. You do have to ask, though.

nice one dude, ill check that out and ask about, cheers

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #8 of 9
wow I didn't know apple stores let you do this..i have 2 in my area..they usually only stock low end UE/Shures/lots of Bose stuff (bleh) though

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #9 of 9
apple stores have a shure kit with the e series and if you inquire enough they will let you try them out. They have the disposable orange foam tips. These are relativly inexpensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back