Tester stores in NYC!!!!!?!!
Dec 12, 2007 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jessipoo

100+ Head-Fier
so I'm going to NYC in 2 days (between final >.<) and I would like to know if there are any good electronic stores I could test products within the very core downtown area. I'm staying in the Vanderbilt area.

Things I want to try for sure:
Zune 2
Clix 2
Samsung T10 and YP-P2

things I'd like to try (but I don't NEED to absolutely get my hands on)
other high end earphones/headphones
other cool new mp3 players out there, though I really just want to play with the 3 mentiond above.

thanks!!!

Dec 12, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 8
If you wanna try cool stuff that you can't find elsewhere check out the new Audiocubes store. I haven't made it there yet but I can't wait.

Also, check out J&R. They have a great selection of electronics and headphones with a lot of stuff you can try. They are also usually much cheaper than BB and CC.

Dec 12, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 8
boy I'm afraid I'm going to come back with a new mp3 player, I am trying so hard to stick with this old nano for a whole year so I can get the new stuff in market, plus I'll have more money (hopefully) then

thanks for the suggestions, checking out the sites now for location.

any other suggestions?

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #7 of 8
Your best bet is J&R Music World. They have a bunch of music player you can try if they're batteries are charged up. Sales people will help you.

It's not as easy to try headphones.

The new AC Gears store should have some audio technicas and denon you can try. Their wall of headphone is fairly accessible so you can plug in your own sources/amps. The other cans there aren't really high end.

If you want to try out some Grados, try Sound by Singer or Harvey's Electronics.

Dec 19, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #8 of 8
so I went to Audiocube, very cool, I especially liked their random japanese gadgets.. one was a USB humping dog that all it did was.. hump your computer when plugged in....

and J&R was absolute heaven! we went in for me but both my sisters came out with bags
frown.gif
I was extremely tempted to buy the iriver 8 gig clix 2, only one left.. and might've bought if I had found out sooner that I (somehow, somewhere, some time) lost my old 1st gen ipod nano.

I didn't care too much about losing it but it sucks because I had a warranty on it and I was waiting for a new mp3 player to come out before buying something else..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back