Test Your Hearing
Jan 8, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does everyone else have such U shaped hearing????

My graph looks so ugly....

Ugly? Here's ugly for ya:

Attachment 8913

Jan 8, 2007 at 11:06 AM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugly? Here's ugly for ya:

Attachment 8913

Oh my god, is that for real?!
eek.gif

Do you listen too loud or something? Your midrange and up is almost gone....
plainface.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 11:25 AM Post #18 of 48
Try doing the test without looking at the dot at the same time, that makes it a lot harder, and I think this is the right way to do it, any way it was how it was done in school, when I was a kid.

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #19 of 48
Took mine at work...I did terrible, I should post the graph. I used my bose isolation headphones for testing (maybe not the best choice) and there's a constant 50-60dB noise in this room since the server is going pretty heavy right now....

I'll take this again, at home, I hope my hearing isn't as bas as this graph represents.

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #20 of 48
I want to do it, but I disabled sound in firefox and cant remember how to re-enable it
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to do it, but I disabled sound in firefox and cant remember how to re-enable it
tongue.gif

Try IE. Its safe to use it in that site.
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #22 of 48
yeah I too had issues configuring the volume. I finally was able to hear "the tone" in the aural configuration when I turned up my system volume. The test was nice though when I was done, I felt as if I could hear better for a few minutes because I had been focusing my ears so hard on trying to pick up the tones. It was pretty interesting.
k1000smile.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #23 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my god, is that for real?!
eek.gif

Do you listen too loud or something? Your midrange and up is almost gone....
plainface.gif

Not too loud. Been like that since I was a kid. So it's Ety's all the way for me.
plainface.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #24 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not too loud. Been like that since I was a kid. So it's Ety's all the way for me.
plainface.gif

It's not THAT bad. hehe.

dw_hearing.jpg

At least, not when compared to mine. The funny thing is, I could hear the "hiss" of a sound trying to be produced, but I think my soundcard was failing to produce the sound. So I doubt the accuracy of this test. I also took another test that claimed I heard almost nothing above 16khz. Which is B.S. because after that test I had my hearing tested and checked out fine. hehe.

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try IE. Its safe to use it in that site.
wink.gif

Thanks, I totally had a brainfreeze about using IE. So hear
wink.gif
are my results:

myhearingui6.png

I think the setting of the volume beforeheand plays a big part, and there are no penalties for thinking you heard something when you didnt.... so yeah, its not a very accurate test.

Jan 8, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #26 of 48
I have some slight imbalance, but not enough that things wouldnt be centered for me. Here are my results with DT880. My computer fans affected the test, especially with right ear (sitted sideways to computer.) and in 125-1.5khz area.

I need some balanced closed headphones or IEMs. With my K81DJ the test would be quite fubar I think.
plainface.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #29 of 48
So... I have a very... different result... maybe I calibrated it incorrectly? I got a U-shaped graph, but it's... shifted up. In mathematical terms, b, where y=mx+b is a positive number. Sorry for being so dorky, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back