Test your hearing frequency
Jul 25, 2009 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

proteuskim

100+ Head-Fier
lock if already posted.

I am 33 years old and I DJ techno music. needless to say, things get kinda loud. I wasnt too concerned about my hearing until about a month ago. I was listening to my D7000s and when i took em off there was a crackling sound in my left ear. it went away after i took some ibuprofen but returns every once in a while.

anyway, i tested my hearing at the doctor about 3 months ago and everything was fine. and i tested again on this website that just plays different frequencies.

the highest frequency i could hear was 19000hz. just wanted to see what other ppls results would be.

Hearing Test

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 53
I can barely hear 21khz on that one, 22 is silent though.

Probably has something to do with my age.
tongue.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 53
I can hear the 19 khz one on normal volume, and turning it up a bit I can just barely hear the 20 khz one.

Not bad for a 24 year old I guess.

Jul 26, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #11 of 53
This thread reminds me of the old joke about the 2 guys taking a leak off a high bridge. The first says "Jeez that river is cold!" The second responds with "Yeah, and it's deep too."

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #12 of 53
what happens if your speakers only have a rating of x amount of high frequencies? wouldnt that skew the results? I can hear 19k but i have to turn it up a bit. im 23 I try my hardest to protect my hearing.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #13 of 53
Tested earlier this week and were able to hear a 20kHz tone, but not a 21 kHz one...

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #14 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what happens if your speakers only have a rating of x amount of high frequencies? wouldnt that skew the results? I can hear 19k but i have to turn it up a bit. im 23 I try my hardest to protect my hearing.

I used headphones. and i used my cheapo Pioneer DJ headphones at first and then tried my D7000s. but yeah, if ur speakers cant reach that frequency then it will skew ur results. however the test is for frequencies within the human hearing range. so, i think most speakers should be able to hit those frequencies. esp. for members of this site. i should hope everyone has at least a decent pair of headphones or speakers.
L3000.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #15 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by proteuskim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used headphones. and i used my cheapo Pioneer DJ headphones at first and then tried my D7000s. but yeah, if ur speakers cant reach that frequency then it will skew ur results. however the test is for frequencies within the human hearing range. so, i think most speakers should be able to hit those frequencies. esp. for members of this site. i should hope everyone has at least a decent pair of headphones or speakers.
L3000.gif

lol yeah i didnt use my iems, my home audio i dont have anyway to hookup to my computer. My logitech speakers say they go to 20k so i must just cut off at 20k, I could hear 19 but not 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back