Test Music
Nov 25, 2004 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

romesaz

100+ Head-Fier
What would you guys recommend music wise, to test out headphones (i.e. audition headphones)? Specifically, what songs? or genres?

Not sure really if a question like that would go here, or into "Music".

Nov 25, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #2 of 7
I like using Pig by dave matthews band. its got violin and light drums and stuff. i can email it to you if you want.

Nov 25, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 7
I probably do it all wrong but I listen to whatever music I like and see if I am enjoying the music after about a half hour.

That said when I have something new I always pull out Alpha Blondy's Jerusalem album and listen to the first cut. Another thing I will sometimes (not often) listen to is a decend live album and listen to the crowd clapping. If it sounds natural and like a crowd clapping (and I know what a crowd clapping sounds like as people often clap as I leave the area
tongue.gif
) not some weird noise I feel reassured.

Nov 25, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quad
I probably do it all wrong but I listen to whatever music I like and see if I am enjoying the music after about a half hour.

That said when I have something new I always pull out Alpha Blondy's Jerusalem album and listen to the first cut. Another thing I will sometimes (not often) listen to is a decend live album and listen to the crowd clapping. If it sounds natural and like a crowd clapping (and I know what a crowd clapping sounds like as people often clap as I leave the area
tongue.gif
) not some weird noise I feel reassured.

Yeah, the crowd clapping is a key part of my test procedure too. Sarah Mclachlan's Mirrorball (live) CD is one of the best test CD's I use.

Nov 25, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #7 of 7
I'd suggest something you really enjoy and are extremely familiar with. Sometimes new equipment can uncover a new dimension and nuances to music that just brings a big grin to your face - I live for moments like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back