Terrible experience with Sennheiser, do NOT buy from them
Jun 10, 2020 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Reader

100+ Head-Fier
So I saw Sennheiser's promotion here, and decide to pick up HD800s from their official web store.

Well, big mistake.

Placed order on Sat, was told my order was sent to warehouse for process on Monday.

Called on Thursday to ask where my order is. Told they are still being processed by the warehouse, but they need to find a dispatcher so that person can actually ship my order. This is already a What moment. They do not have someone able to do the ship out at warehouse?

Called again on Friday. Talked to supervisor this time, and he admit they been feeding me BS and as of Friday they had absolutely no idea about progress of this order. I asked to cancel the order and they told me they need to get permission from Sennheiser.(What again, aren't they representing Sennheiser???) They said they will have an answer for me by Yesterday.

Then I looked into this, my payment went to digital river, not Sennheiser.

Called again today, they have no update. Have no idea the progress of the order or the progress of the cancellation request.

So Sennheiser, if you can't actully fill the order from your official website, maybe stop selling from their, leave that part to capable retailers. Or at very least, don't run a promotion and not able to ship orders.

This is absolutely pathetic.

Jun 10, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 13
digital river is a joke. I ordered a cable from them and it was back and forth canned nonsense responses for a month. Charge me for stuff not in stock then they don't know anything. Completely incompetent and USELESS. Took me forever to get my money back and all the people I talked to SUCKED. This was last year. Digital river sucks...

Jun 11, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #5 of 13
digital river is a joke. I ordered a cable from them and it was back and forth canned nonsense responses for a month. Charge me for stuff not in stock then they don't know anything. Completely incompetent and USELESS. Took me forever to get my money back and all the people I talked to SUCKED. This was last year. Digital river sucks...
I had a similar situation with an HD650 cable. Senn's website said it was in stock, but I didn't get it for a month. They admitted over email that the cable wasn't actually in stock at the time. I thought it was weird that the emails were from Digital River and not Senn.

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #6 of 13
So I saw Sennheiser's promotion here, and decide to pick up HD800s from their official web store.

Well, big mistake.

Placed order on Sat, was told my order was sent to warehouse for process on Monday.

Called on Thursday to ask where my order is. Told they are still being processed by the warehouse, but they need to find a dispatcher so that person can actually ship my order. This is already a What moment. They do not have someone able to do the ship out at warehouse?

Called again on Friday. Talked to supervisor this time, and he admit they been feeding me BS and as of Friday they had absolutely no idea about progress of this order. I asked to cancel the order and they told me they need to get permission from Sennheiser.(What again, aren't they representing Sennheiser???) They said they will have an answer for me by Yesterday.

Then I looked into this, my payment went to digital river, not Sennheiser.

Called again today, they have no update. Have no idea the progress of the order or the progress of the cancellation request.

So Sennheiser, if you can't actully fill the order from your official website, maybe stop selling from their, leave that part to capable retailers. Or at very least, don't run a promotion and not able to ship orders.

This is absolutely pathetic.

I feel your pain. I learned my lesson the hard way. I love some of their equipment, but their customer service is atrocious. When I asked for a refund, they held my money (close to $4K) for a month after the package was returned because digital river couldn't verify the return package through Sennheiser's warehouse, even though I provided a tracking # and a name of the person that received/signed for the package several times. The disconnect between their warehouse and digital river call center is unbelievable. After weeks of going back and forth and talking to several managers, when I finally raised hell, they picked up the phone and called the warehouse and got the confirmation within minutes. I was furious. Every time I called digital river, they would submit an inquiry to the warehouse and have me wait 24-48 hours for a response back, which they claim they never received from their warehouse. And the same process repeats. I will never do business straight with them ever again.

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 13
I once ordered a pair of replacement pads for my Momentum M2s. Not only did they arrive in 2 days, but the package was small enough to fit through the letterbox, so I didn't need to be at home to collect it.
I was furious! I had prepared myself for weeks of blissful impatience, anger, many phone calls, dozens of unanswered mails and sweet powerless rage. None of that!

Sorry, but I think you guys just had some bad luck, this "Do not buy from them" seems unwarranted.

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #8 of 13
They do not have someone able to do the ship out at warehouse?

Due to the pandemic, there's probably no one at the warehouse. The problem isn't with the warehouse, it's from the sales department for allowing orders to go through they know they cannot ship in a timely manner. To make matters worse, the sales department may not even be in the same zip code as the warehouse.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #9 of 13
I once ordered a pair of replacement pads for my Momentum M2s. Not only did they arrive in 2 days, but the package was small enough to fit through the letterbox, so I didn't need to be at home to collect it.
I was furious! I had prepared myself for weeks of blissful impatience, anger, many phone calls, dozens of unanswered mails and sweet powerless rage. None of that!

Sorry, but I think you guys just had some bad luck, this "Do not buy from them" seems unwarranted.

Just because you had a good experience with them, you expect everyone else to share your sentiment? Your experience is nothing like the OP's. What does you being furious because you failed to look in your mailbox has to do with anything the OP just described??? Whether you buy or not is your choice. I know I won't be buying from them again unless it's thru a retailer.

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #10 of 13
Just because you had a good experience with them, you expect everyone else to share your sentiment? Your experience is nothing like the OP's. What does you being furious because you failed to look in your mailbox has to do with anything the OP just described??? Whether you buy or not is your choice. I know I won't be buying from them again unless it's thru a retailer.
Just because you guys had a bad experience nobody should buy from Sennheiser? That was my point.
I didn't fail to look in the mailbox, I was furious because everything went smoothly, while I was looking forward to weeks of misery and agony...
That was meant to be funny, well at least I thought it was :)

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #11 of 13
Just because you guys had a bad experience nobody should buy from Sennheiser? That was my point.
I didn't fail to look in the mailbox, I was furious because everything went smoothly, while I was looking forward to weeks of misery and agony...
That was meant to be funny, well at least I thought it was :)

Let them hold your hard earned money for a month and see if that's funny to you.

I said I wouldn't buy straight from them, unless it's thru a retailer. What OP said is from his experience, in which you expressed your rebuttal with your 'irrelevant' story. Do people boycott because everyone shares their view? If you have an opposing point of view, at least present it in a meaningful way.

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #12 of 13
Due to the pandemic, there's probably no one at the warehouse. The problem isn't with the warehouse, it's from the sales department for allowing orders to go through they know they cannot ship in a timely manner. To make matters worse, the sales department may not even be in the same zip code as the warehouse.

Agreed, and they really should not run a promotion when they have no one at warehouse able to ship it. BTW a supervisor promised to get me an answer by the end of yesterday, and as of now I haven't gotten any answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back