Terratec Dmx 6fire usb
Nov 30, 2008 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Meliboeus

1000+ Head-Fier
I started this thread just to ask a few questions to anyone who owns this card, since there is little information about it on the net. I will be using it to rip all my vinyl into digital.

How is the recording quality of the said card ( i will be using it at 24/96 mostly ) ? According to the specs it has an adc rated 114db SNR, the old dmx 6fire used AKM chips, so it might be the AK5385B, the same used on the ESI Juli@ ....but the few reviews i found didn't feature an in-depth analysis of the card A/D performances...
Keep in mind that i never tried any professional quality card so my only reference is my Prodigy 7.1 Hifi, whose recording quality seemed quite good in the few test i did , i tried recording some cds coming from the zero analog output back to digital and i heard a clear difference from the original source in some tracks only...

Do you think there are better devices at a similar price point ? I know some internal soundcards will be equal or even better for less money ( emu 1212m, Juli@... ) but i can't really move the turntable near my pc, my only option is to use a laptop...keep in mind that i don't need to use the built-in phono preamp, i have an external one.

One more question, the dmx is envy-24ht based, right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back