Terratec DMX 6 Fire + Art D/IO = Overkill?
Apr 25, 2002 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

r4z0r

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently considering a Terratec DMX 6 Fire card w/ break out box as a replacement for the crappy sb live value card in my PC.

I noticed that the break out box linked to the sound card comes with its own built-in headphone amp. Now, how good is the quality out of that thing? Anyone ever tried it before?

Second question, I was originally planning to hook up an Art D/IO to the Terratec card via the break out box's coxial SPDIF out connector and then link the D/IO to a headphone amp. Is this setup worth the money? Since I want to use high quality cables with the Art D/IO and therefore if I just connect the headamp straight to the soundcard, I will save at least $350 on the Art unit and its cables.

I know a lot of folks heard really good stuff from the Audiophile 24/96 + Art D/IO combo. I'm under the impression that the Terratec card sounds better than the Audiophile. If this is true, is throwing an Art D/IO in between the souncard and the headamp (e.g. Maxed Out Home) going to produce noticeably better results compare to the combo aforementinoed?
confused.gif

I've posted something similar before but would like to get more feedbacks on the issue. Thanks for any input you guys might have.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back