Terminator V4 (Darth Beyers) or modded D5000 (Lawton level 1, or MarkI)
Mar 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

haejuk

100+ Head-Fier
For reference: by modded D5000, I mean just with angle pads and the dampening material inside to reduce vibration.  There is another thread about this calling them markl D5000, Lawton Audio also sells a kit to this very same thing.

I would really like to hear about people's experiences with Darth Beyers, or the new Terminator, and modded Denon D5000.  I am planning to get one of these within the next few months, but I would like to really get a feel for them in great detail.  I have a DT770 Pro 250, so I assume that the Beyers will clamp just as hard and sound a lot better.  I will try to spare you any more ramblings and get straight to the questions I really want answered:

1.  How is the comfort on D5000 with angle pads? Better or worse than DT770 Pro?

2.  What are the main differences in the sound of Terminator V4 (or Darth Beyers) and modded D5000?  What is different about the bass?

3.  Is the Matrix M-Stage a good amp for these?  Or is there a better amp in the price range that has better "synergy"?

4.  Is there a huge difference between modded D2000 and modded D5000?

If you haven't heard either of the headphones, please try to provide a link to the review, or whatever, that helped you form your opinion of them.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back