Teralink-X usb/spdif adapter cannot work on Win 7
Feb 17, 2010 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Schoenberg

100+ Head-Fier
I got Teralink-x usb/spdif converter recently.
It cannot work with win 7 and my DAC.

I did not put any software into my win 7 yet. What shall I do?

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 8
I used the Teralink-X2 on 2 different computers with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate flawlessly.
You should provide a better explanation of your problem. Do you get an error message? What's your setup? Did you select the Teradak device in the sound-ouput settings? Did you set it as the output device in your media player? Did your computer even detect a new device when the Teralink-X was first plugged in? What does it show in device manager under USB devices?

So yea...provide more information.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 8
I have the Teralink-X1, works well with windows 7 with original drivers and with Ploytec USB Asio

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
I have the Teralink-X1, works well with windows 7 with original drivers and with Ploytec USB Asio

Hello, I am also having the same problem with the Teralink-X1.  It works fine on Windows Vista and XP Professional.  It does not work on Windows 7 (I have no sound).  Some things I noticed...

1. The power light on the Teralink is on.
2. Both Windows and foobar 2000 recognize/detect the Teralink X-1 and I am able to select the Teralink-X1 in the device manager menus.
3. My Bel Canto DAC has a green indication light when it is receiving a signal, but that light is red when hooked up to my Win 7 computer.
4. My computer automatically searches for drivers for the Teralink; it says I have the lastest drivers.

@JulioCat2: I have not tried the Polytech Asio driver.  Could you perhaps provide a reliable link where I can download it?  Thank you.

@Schoenburg: I realize this thread is over half a year old... have you fixed the problem yet?  If not, hopefully we can figure it out...

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
emak212 said:

Hello, I am also having the same problem with the Teralink-X1.  It works fine on Windows Vista and XP Professional.  It does not work on Windows 7 (I have no sound).  Some things I noticed...

1. The power light on the Teralink is on.
2. Both Windows and foobar 2000 recognize/detect the Teralink X-1 and I am able to select the Teralink-X1 in the device manager menus.
3. My Bel Canto DAC has a green indication light when it is receiving a signal, but that light is red when hooked up to my Win 7 computer.
4. My computer automatically searches for drivers for the Teralink; it says I have the lastest drivers.

@JulioCat2: I have not tried the Polytech Asio driver.  Could you perhaps provide a reliable link where I can download it?  Thank you.

@Schoenburg: I realize this thread is over half a year old... have you fixed the problem yet?  If not, hopefully we can figure it out...

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

That is strange it would work in Vista but not Win7.  Have you spoke with the company?
Do you have the device set to default etc. in the main audio control panel?

Aug 6, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 8
I got the Teralink-X1 to work.  I installed the ASIO driver.  Here is the link for a download if there are any other Windows 7 users having the same problem:

http://www.usb-audio.com/download.html

This driver is a trial and it will beep every 30 seconds.  Kinda annoying, but hey, sometimes you gotta pay for the real deal :)

ROBSCIX, thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back