tera player with affordable IEM
May 17, 2013 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

fp581

100+ Head-Fier
i'm on my way of getting the tera player as the last MP3 i'll need for a long time.

the truble is that i dont have the money for the tera and a high-fi IEM.
the weather in my country is warm so it's crazy to go outsize with full size cans.

so my Q is, what budget friendly headphones (lets say up to 350$) dos the tera player sound good with?

oh and dos any tera player owner lives in israel? if so do you mind if we could meet up so i could have a short listen to the player before i'll buy it?

May 17, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 28
Quote:
the Heir Tzar 90 are costume IEM?

Do you mean custom? If so no they are not, they are universals
smile.gif

I use my Tera with Tzar 90s and as long as you don't mind quiet hiss during silences and don't usually use bass boost I would say it's a good combo.

May 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 28
The Tera is completely silent using 15ohm Sony MH1Cs and every other headphone and IEM I own even at loud volumes, but the Tzars hiss even when the volume is low.  Heir don't publish detailed specifications but I can only guess that they are very sensitive (anyone who knows better please correct me!)

May 18, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #7 of 28
hmm so as long that i have more then 15ohm the headphones will sound good? 

no, that dos not sound right, each headphones has different sound signature.
so as long the headphones have more then 15ohm there will be no hiss. 
now i'm starting to learn things :) 

thanks for the info :)

May 18, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:
hmm so as long that i have more then 15ohm the headphones will sound good?

No!  The MH1C have terrible bass roll off because they are low impedance, a guy listened to my Tera with the AKG K3003 (one of the most expensive universals, 8ohm) at a meet for a whole five seconds before deciding it sounded "incredibly thin".  He was considering buying one...

The Tera has an output impedance of 11ohms (or 22ohms on the other output) and the general rule to not get bass rolloff you should get a headphone/IEM with an impedance 8x that - 8x11 = 88 so I bought the Tzar 90.  If you buy a bassy IEM you can go lower impedance and it will reduce the bass and sound more balanced (I think someone liked the Sennheiser IE8?)
Quote:
so as long the headphones have more then 15ohm there will be no hiss

Except the 90ohm Tzars do...

I think you need to read back over the threads, I can't believe no-one other than me has been happy with affordable IEMs but if they were they will probably comment here too now it's the weekend
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back