temporary hearing loss?
Jun 30, 2006 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TempleOfEar

Banned
i was at a small show last night of a rock and roll band called ba ng bang bang... and being the drunken idiot i am i stood right infront the band and the speaker the whole time. I wake up today and my ears are numb like i've been shellshocked... I've never been shellshocked and i know what it feels like?... crazy. anyways, is this going to be temporary? i'm pretty sure it is but what im not sure is will my hearig be back to 100% when this goes away or will there be any permenant loss? thx.

Jun 30, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 2
1. Don't worry too much, your hearing will return to normal. However, if the problem persists for more than a few days you'll want to check with your physician.

2. DON'T MAKE A HABIT OF THIS OR YOU WILL SUFFER PERMANENT DAMAGE!!!

3. Get earplugs (preferably a good pair like these ones that don't muck up the sound when you wear them) and have them on you whenever you go out where there'll be loud music. Then you can make the choice on the spot as to whether they're necessary. I find them useful at some unexpected places. Even a club, or once in a while even a pub where there's an obnoxiously loud band that isn't good enough to want to hear so loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back