Telefunken headphones - anyone help?
Feb 14, 2005 at 8:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

mistermxyztplk

New Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I've recently inherited a pair of original Telefunken TH-28 cans, in what appears and sounds to be excellent condition.

I can't really see using these as day-to-day phones - though they're very nice, they're also decades old and don't sound quite as good as any of the phones I'm using right now. They seem like the kind of thing that should be with a collector who'll appreciate them in ways I likely won't.

I've been unable to find ANY information on these through any source so far - any suggestions you might have would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
GRAHAM

Feb 14, 2005 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 14
Telefunken..... WHOA!! Never even knew they made phones... Can you post a pic?

I know their tubes are on the $$$ side.

Garrett

Feb 15, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #4 of 14
telefunken.jpg

Feb 15, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 14
older headphones are a b*tch to find specs on
eek.gif

after several month of searching for the specs on my pioneer monitor 10's (made in the 70's
rolleyes.gif
) i have come up with nothing

good luck with your search however, maby your luck will be better than mine
cool.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 14
Might want to hit up some of the vac tube forums... Someone in the tube audio industry might be able to steer you in a direction.

***edit**
telefunken is german...isnt it?
Isnt beyerdynamic a german company (origin)? Those earcups look a little like some old beyers Ive seen. I wonder if theres any connection there?

Garrett

Oct 26, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #11 of 14
Telefunken was always a very highly respected audio company. The Telefunken 251 microphone is a legend in the recording studio.

There is a guy named John McBride. He runs a very famous and well regarded studio in Nashville called Blackbird studio. He's a known expert in all gear and studio equipment Telefunken related. If anyone were to know what you have, it would be him.

I dont know how reachable he is. But maybe as a reference point.

Let us know how your search goes.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #12 of 14
data.jpg telefunken.jpg P81030-112118.jpg Headphones are here. I am amazed his 40 years old things still pop up in pristine condition. Sadly mr. John McBride did not answered to my mail. I will try to mail Telefunken.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #13 of 14
@Zumper, outstanding! What a pair of pristine vintage Telefunken cans! From the photo looks like the model number is TH 500. Can you confirm this? Also, any idea of the date of manufacture?

From what I've seen with some vintage Telefunken gear, is that the company really went to great lengths to offer the highest quality gear and included quality storage solutions too.

Its these extra steps that allow us, the end user the ability to store our gear properly. And thus giving us a chance to take care of it and enjoying it for many many years.

Congrats on your headphones!

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #14 of 14
Yes it is printed of the side of the ear cup i posted in picture number 2. Any idea how this sounds ? I know it is a barbaric thing but i need to replace the Din connector with a Jack connector. Also no ideea about the date. LATER EDIT. Telefunken mail:

Tamas Köver <tk@telefunken.de>
10:21 AM (6 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Zumper,
thank you for contacting Telefunken Licenses.
We are very sorry, but we cannot answer your question.
The former company TELEFUNKEN, which was the developer and producer of these products, stopped its business activity completely years ago.
We are the owner of the brand TELEFUNKEN, but have no access to the old archives and have no information about their existence.
That`s the reason why we cannot provide you with requested information or can support you with spare parts, schematics or manuals.

We ask for your understanding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back