TELEDYNE ELECTROSTATIC HEADPHONES
Jul 21, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by edstrelow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Can anyone quote a source documenting consistent and/or significant electret deterioration at room temperature and normal humidity over say 20 years? I'd love to read it. So would my 29 year old Sony ECR-500s. " WUALTA

I don't know about official sources, but I recall reading reports from persons who have bought such units and have reported them to be poorly functioning. I am glad to hear that yours are still operating well.

Have you seen DRIVERS of such headphones?
Often their membranes appear to have survived a shotgun attack!
Both electrets and electrostats of course.
I remember Micro-Seiki are sold mostly as-is on eBay
(sellers are too greedy to clearly state they almost don't make any sound!)
which are electrostats.
There are much less defect electret headphones.
Their state depends on age and usage only. What would you expect from a 30 year-old headphone whose membrane is made of PVC just like plastic bags and often is even thinner than that?

Jul 21, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #18 of 21
1. nice bump

2. the membrane I believe can get holes if it distorts, somehow causing electricity to rip small holes, not sure on how it works exactly

Jul 21, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by d.phens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you seen DRIVERS of such headphones?
Often their membranes appear to have survived a shotgun attack!

My SR-30 drivers - good and not so good alike - are crimped together so firmly that i doubt i will ever have one open to inspect it.

But i have disassembled one of the drivers on my Koss ESP9, which is easily 30 years old. Membranes were fine. Just a little corrosion on the rivet that connects the back stator.

Jul 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #20 of 21
Could somebody help me, please. I try to use Teledyne PH-19 with  Stax SRD-6 or SRD-7 adapters but the internal schematic of Stax sockets are different from Teledyne.  Where can I look for Teledyne schematic?
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back