Tekton Design Speakers
Feb 15, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #136 of 144
I put them in the closet because this is a small room and I didn't want them to get in my way. Since their ports are on the front of the speakers, it doesn't hurt their sound to put them there.
Hey awesome setup. I happen to know Frank, the man behind your awesome triode labs amp. I heard the ffx 2 integrated. It's funny, as I also have a pass labs amp, xa30.5. I believe the xa25 is a superior amp, at least I get that impression from the latest review of it which compare it favourably against the xa30.8. It would be nice to have one, if only for the much much smaller foot print. My xa30.5 clocks in at 75lb. Haha.

Feb 15, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #137 of 144
I put them in the closet because this is a small room and I didn't want them to get in my way. Since their ports are on the front of the speakers, it doesn't hurt their sound to put them there.
Ah !, I thought you wanted to hide it from someone :)

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #138 of 144
I've been thinking about the ulfberhts. I have a deal for trading in my Aria 948 and can then get them for $4500.

I already have paradigm signature s8 v2s so not sure how much of an upgrade it would be. This is also for a smaller room about 12 x 16 x 8 feet.

Any thoughts ?

Aug 12, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #139 of 144
Just ordered a pair of Pendragons, should arrive Friday.

EDIT: Whelp still haven't been delivered, Old Dominion Freight Line has had my speakers just sitting. Will update with pics when they actually arrive......

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #140 of 144
I've been thinking about the ulfberhts. I have a deal for trading in my Aria 948 and can then get them for $4500.

I already have paradigm signature s8 v2s so not sure how much of an upgrade it would be. This is also for a smaller room about 12 x 16 x 8 feet.

Any thoughts ?
I know I'm replying to a very old post but I've been away a while.

12x16x8 feet?!? For the Ulfberhts? I have a pair of Double Impacts driven by a Parasound Halo Integrated amp in a room of the same size and they're overkill. Although I love them, they really need a bigger room to be fully appreciated.

How far would you expect to (or did you already) separate your speakers from the wall? Mine are pushed back over 2 feet, which I've found is about right. That leaves very little space to properly position oneself for optimal effect. Unfortunately the only larger rooms in my house are not suited to these speakers.

Nov 6, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #141 of 144
12x16x8 feet?!? For the Ulfberhts? I have a pair of Double Impacts driven by a Parasound Halo Integrated amp in a room of the same size and they're overkill. Although I love them, they really need a bigger room to be fully appreciated
tekton-design-products-feature.jpg

My guesses (not sure about all of them):
  1. Enzo XL
  2. The Perfect Set 15
  3. Double Impact
  4. Encore
  5. Moab
  6. Ulfberht
  7. Polycell 15
  8. Pendragon
  9. 2-10 Perfect Set
  10. Lore
  11. Lore Reference

Nov 6, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #142 of 144
tekton-design-products-feature.jpg

My guesses (not sure about all of them):
  1. Enzo XL
  2. The Perfect Set 15
  3. Double Impact
  4. Encore
  5. Moab
  6. Ulfberht
  7. Polycell 15
  8. Pendragon
  9. 2-10 Perfect Set
  10. Lore
  11. Lore Reference
Great pic! I can confirm you're right about the DI, and I'm sure the Ulfberht being the flagship is at the top. I can't imagine two of those in a room this size. Overkill would be an understatement. smodtactical must've been kidding.

That pic makes me think my DI's are puny little speakers. :wink: But based on how much effort it took me to drag them into this room by myself, I'm glad I don't own the Ulfberht's!

Nov 9, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #143 of 144
I know I'm replying to a very old post but I've been away a while.

12x16x8 feet?!? For the Ulfberhts? I have a pair of Double Impacts driven by a Parasound Halo Integrated amp in a room of the same size and they're overkill. Although I love them, they really need a bigger room to be fully appreciated.

How far would you expect to (or did you already) separate your speakers from the wall? Mine are pushed back over 2 feet, which I've found is about right. That leaves very little space to properly position oneself for optimal effect. Unfortunately the only larger rooms in my house are not suited to these speakers.

Ended up getting some NS5000s for this space and even those are too big !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back