Tekton Design Speakers
Jan 18, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #121 of 144
From an older version of the product page:

"The Ulfberht also implements musically compatible molecular-structured natural pulps and textiles that skilled musicians and audiophiles always discern as sounding vastly superior to the man-made elemental-based exotic components of our day."

Does anyone have insight on this statement?

What pulps and textiles are being referred to?

Can anyone confirm the materials in the drivers?

What about the last part of the statement? What evidence is there for it?

Marketing BS. As usual with Tekton, big claims but no supporting evidence or specifics.

Think about it - the statement is that "skilled musicians and audiophiles ALWAYS discern as sounding VASTLY SUPERIOR....". So Tekton is claiming that every single audiophile and musician will prefer their material and that it's vastly superior, yet provides no details on composition, no supporting measurements, and not even a testimonial?

It's almost comical what this company puts out for public consumption.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #122 of 144
From an older version of the product page:

"The Ulfberht also implements musically compatible molecular-structured natural pulps and textiles that skilled musicians and audiophiles always discern as sounding vastly superior to the man-made elemental-based exotic components of our day."

Does anyone have insight on this statement?

What pulps and textiles are being referred to?

Can anyone confirm the materials in the drivers?

What about the last part of the statement? What evidence is there for it?
it can be boiled down too "paper cones make nice sounds, better sounds than other things" but For the most part paper cones are able to maintain more pistonic motion in low weight than other materials which is very good, and yes those eminence drivers they use for the mids and woofer are paper. As for what specific pulps and textiles I'm not sure but it is some kind of paper composite.

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #123 of 144
it can be boiled down too "paper cones make nice sounds, better sounds than other things" but For the most part paper cones are able to maintain more pistonic motion in low weight than other materials which is very good, and yes those eminence drivers they use for the mids and woofer are paper. As for what specific pulps and textiles I'm not sure but it is some kind of paper composite.
also, its %200 marketing jargon and don't buy into that they can make "It has a port" sound cool if they throw in some adjectives.

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #124 of 144
Marketing BS. As usual with Tekton, big claims but no supporting evidence or specifics.

Think about it - the statement is that "skilled musicians and audiophiles ALWAYS discern as sounding VASTLY SUPERIOR....". So Tekton is claiming that every single audiophile and musician will prefer their material and that it's vastly superior, yet provides no details on composition, no supporting measurements, and not even a testimonial?

It's almost comical what this company puts out for public consumption.

Yes, that phrase made no sense to me, but also made me curious whether part of it (excluding "always") had at least some basis in reality...like how some audio companies run listening tests with potential consumers to see what they like. (Sometimes these types of tests are not made public and are just for R&D purposes.)

The Klipsch towers I use have titanium tweeters and woofers made of ceramic and aluminum. So the material is mostly metal, and I do think it imparts a somewhat metallic quality to the sound. I'm just beginning my speaker journey, but having owned more than a few headphones, I noticed how the driver materials impacted the sound with those as well.

Anyway, I was more curious about the pulps and textiles themselves. The paper woofers mentioned below make sense, since they are well-known...but what about the Scan-Speak domes? Does anyone know what they are made of? A brief search brought up nothing specific.

Thanks for confirming. This is what I suspected as far as the woofers go.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #126 of 144
I bought my dual SVS SB13 Ultra subwoofers after reading tons of 5 stars reviews coming from Klipsh, Polk, Def Tech sub woofers, even ML Dynamos and so on.
Basically I was sold by these people who were coming from the entry level subs, of course if you are coming from there you will find SVS subs amazing.

Truth is you cannot believe everything what reviews say, as I was bit disappointed with SVS subs, there are always better ones for less price. (PSA, JTR, Seaton subs)

Going back to Tekton, I will love to have PMD monitor and Pendragon Monitor, or maybe Ulfberht but the customer service is my main priority especially dealing with the product that costs $20k, and outside of Canada.

I am not bashing the Tekton products, just that their CS is really pain in the rear, I don't have time for that, that's why I am writing off Tekton, no other reasons.

thanks for understanding. :wink:

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #127 of 144
ulf_orig.jpg

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #128 of 144
Jan 31, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #130 of 144
Jan 31, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #131 of 144
Yep, and in case there are any misconceptions here, those are not my speakers; I just shared the photo because I thought it was pretty.

haha, doesnt matter :) I am sure you will own it, but nice !

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #132 of 144
I think that I have found the perfect amp for Tekton speakers,the Pass Labs XA-25. I have been using one with the Studio Monitors for a while now, and it is simply amazing. As good as the Triode Labs 2a3 was, the XA-25 just beats it across the board. Explosive dynamics, wonderous speed and transparency, yet natural sound. No harshness whatsoever. A solid-state amp for tube lovers!

Feb 9, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #134 of 144
Here are the Studio Monitors with the Pass Labs XA-25 powering them:

Beautiful speakers, I wish I can get these. Looks like piano black, really beautiful !!! :)
Just curious, what is the reason you put them inside the closet ? did you noticed the improvement ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back